BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 58 of 121 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast

Indeed.

Interesting pics, certainly, and I totally agree the 're base whole army ' is bunkum looking at those.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Also note that armies which we were told face an uncertain future are still there in full effect, ie. Lizardmen.

Most of the "sky is falling" rumours and suspicions are not going to be true, guys.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Chapter-Master

I'm still thinking/hoping that we get 2 ways to play. I sure do not want to see mixed bases in tabletop armies again. They made for ugly armies the last time we had them in 40k and mixed bases are still flat out ugly today.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Well, the sky actually *did* fall on the Lizardmen...

(Too soon?)

Never too soon~
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Fly Lord

via Bird in the Trees 5-22-2015

- WFB 9th is simply called "Warhammer'

- New rules provide for two games in one:

a) A small scale game with few models

b) A full scale game like the previous WFB

- The small scale game has heavy limitations on models that can be used such as exotic units and units that would be unbalancing at a small scale.

- Triple book format with rules and history split up ~Editor, this sounds like the current 40K format

- Round bases

- June 20th

- 6 Factions

- Game picks up after the End Times series, taking it into account.
    Last edited by Bigred; 05-22-2015 at 12:23 AM.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

about round bases: obvious hint hidden in a plane sight:

WFB 9th Edition Rumor ROUNDup. COINCIDENCE? I DON'T THINK SO.

I'm terribly sorry everybody i just had to... ;<

but really about bases: everything great, but I still don't get why Temple Guard has rounds, and skinks squares ;/

Quote Originally Posted by hirvaan View Post
    but really about bases: everything great, but I still don't get why Temple Guard has rounds, and skinks squares ;/
    My guess is that they had some models already painted up and didn't feel like spending money to pull new models out of the stock and pay someone to paint them. Alternately, they might not have had the replacement models done in time for the Warhammer World opening. Or the Skinks might not be in Warhammer any more. Or they could just be showing off the progression of Warhammer from blocks on infantry on square bases to the round based skirmish style units they'll have in New Warhammer.

Actually, given that there's some Skinks on round, some not, I'm thinking it's very likely they just didn't get enough replacement models done in time.

maaaaybe. i was thinking that maybe models that can "skirmish" get round ones, and "infantryblocks" stay on squares, so temple guard (obvious infantryblock) on rounds seems just wrong... i don't think that it's the best way to present the "progression". but i just came up with idea: maybe skinks on squares were "fillers" for replacements like you suggest, or maybe (i haven't seen skinks on round, where have you seen them?) on squares were "fighting" skinks (skink cohort? those with Hw/S that can take Kroxigors) on round were skirmish skinks (with javelins, blowpipes). But about Temple Guard: maybe (just maybe) on squares stay more disciplined soldiers (chaos warriors, empire state troops, dwarf warriors) that are trained in fighting in units, so they can benefit from having front, flanks, and rows (for the purpose of forming a shieldwall, for example) while other soldiers, fighting in more undisciplined and savage way got rounds to form a hord-ish units? they don't keep formation, so they don't benefit from shieldwall, but they can move faster (Temple guard, gors if they are still in WFB, every kind of berserkers)? maybe we will have "disciplined" units and "barbaric" units? it wouldn't be that stupid, i think.

This image right here:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	17693_959109844121609_4799976726510650331_n.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	146.9 KB 
ID:	14225
    ([url]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-GWzcwhOnpoE/VVe2pP6mMdI/AAAAAAAAzyw/XEWxYMac_PA/s1600/17693_959109844121609_4799976726510650331_n.jpg[/url])

There's Skinks on round bases behind the Saurus Warriors. Even more curious, it seems to be the same type of Skinks that are on square bases in the front of the display. I'm not sure, there might be a difference in gear... Maybe the rear ones have blowpipes, but the front are javelin and shield?