BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 32 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

I don't know. The thought of a screaming bell or plague furnace in a low point game is pretty absurd Seer+Bell is 440 points without any items. Even more absurd when you consider they have to be pushed by 10 or more models (and if you drop below 10 models the bell and the unit can't move).

So *if* round bases are used for small skirmish games, it's weird they chose two units you wouldn't use in a small skirmish game.
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

Bell and Furnace could be going the same as the Khainite wagons - self powered motivation.

Still intrigued by all this. Really, really don't think the advent of round bases equates to the death of square bases, but we shall wait and see!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Ideal outcome for me? Even if it's online only, Rules and Battalion type deal for each race. Think contents of Stormclaw and that - two small armies and the rulebook, but able to choose which two factions you get. It's doable! And if they bung in unique characters? I'd probably buy the lot
    That's an idea I'd love to see GW adopt. Just make a "starter kit" for each race. Don't have to do it as something like Stormclaw even. The small rulebooks aren't that expensive to print, so just chuck a small rulebook and a set of rules for the models in the box into a box with a starter army. Especially as more characters are made in plastic. It'd be pretty inexpensive to set up and produce, using existing molds and all, and would provide a great way for people to get started in the game or in a new army. Depending on the army, the ideal price would be probably around $75-$90 depending on number of models, which is a bit of a discount, yes, but still less of a discount than a two-army box is (given that trend to date), and having the entry cost being low helps pull in more customers. Once you hook people, they're going to play more games and want to collect more, so that barrier of entry needs to be pretty low. Now's the perfect time for them to do something like that, when they're revamping the game.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    well, now that we have a plastic Thanquol and Boneripper, I demand a plastic Gotrek and Felix pair to kill them.
    I second this. Make the little furball squirt the musk of fear 'til his glands are empty

Hopefully Gotrek will show up in the final battle royale of the End Times.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    That's an idea I'd love to see GW adopt. Just make a "starter kit" for each race. Don't have to do it as something like Stormclaw even. The small rulebooks aren't that expensive to print, so just chuck a small rulebook and a set of rules for the models in the box into a box with a starter army. Especially as more characters are made in plastic. It'd be pretty inexpensive to set up and produce, using existing molds and all, and would provide a great way for people to get started in the game or in a new army. Depending on the army, the ideal price would be probably around $75-$90 depending on number of models, which is a bit of a discount, yes, but still less of a discount than a two-army box is (given that trend to date), and having the entry cost being low helps pull in more customers. Once you hook people, they're going to play more games and want to collect more, so that barrier of entry needs to be pretty low. Now's the perfect time for them to do something like that, when they're revamping the game.
    Key to the starter sets is that you get two forces - one for you, one for a would-be opponent so would totes need to keep that
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Chronowraith View Post
    I don't know. The thought of a screaming bell or plague furnace in a low point game is pretty absurd Seer+Bell is 440 points without any items. Even more absurd when you consider they have to be pushed by 10 or more models (and if you drop below 10 models the bell and the unit can't move).

So *if* round bases are used for small skirmish games, it's weird they chose two units you wouldn't use in a small skirmish game.
    I figured that it was about lowering the model count, but not getting rid of the large stuff. So, I think it might be a round based skirmish game with super powerful characters and lots of large monsters, and less like a new edition of Mordheim.

I think GW is trying to make an army less of a project. I mean, there are two reasons people are hesitant to start up a Skaven force, right? First, there's the money (and GW doesn't want to lower that) but then there's the time it takes to assemble and paint every last one of those rats, right?

www.GardenNinja.com

Fly Lord

via DakkaDakka's [URL="http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/1440/630016.page"]WhisperofTruth[/URL]: 2-15-2015
    [URL="http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?405473-Warhammer-9th-Edition-Roundup-Discussion&p=7384500&viewfull=1#post7384500"]Oloh[/URL] said:
    List of current model kits that will be officially included in Warhammer 9th. He later posted that this list is accurate, but incomplete, meaning there may be additional kits that survive that are not listed, with the implication being that you should be OK to purchase and paint these kits (but not base).
    Araloth
    Cauldron of Blood/Bloodwrack Shrine
    Eternal Guard/Wildwood Rangers
    Sisters of the Thorn/Wildriders of Kurnous
    Witch Elves of Khaine/Sisters of Slaughter
    Treeman
    Savage Orcs
    Night Goblins
    Night Goblin Fanatics
    Stonehorn/Thundertusk
    Mournfang Cavalry
    Thanquol and Boneripper
    Vermin Lord
    Warlord
    Grey Seer
    Screaming Bell/Plague Furnace
    Stormvermin
    Stormfiends
    Doomwheel
    Hellpit Abomination
    Nagash
    Coven Throne/Mortis Engine
    Terrorgheist/Zombie Dragon
    Mortarchs
    Morghasts
    Glottkin
    Maggoth Lords
    Gutrot Spume
    Blightkings
    Gorereapers
    Wrathmongers
    Chaos Spawn
    Chaos Warshrine
    Chaos Daemons
    Ghorgon/Cygor
    Grimm Burlockson
    Josef Bugman
    Runesmith
    Ironbreakers/Irondrakes
    Gyrocopter
    7 Champions and an army of light.

No more Lizardmen, but still playable.
    No more Gnoblars/Skinks. They become Goblins.
    No more Beastmen.

Elves become more Eldary, units take on aspects of their gods.

There are some units like the Blood Knights that I expected to survive into 9th, but the events of the books have made me doubt this is going to happen anymore. They were due to be updated. Plus it fits with the new merging unit policy, not sure that's happening anymore though. Something similar happened to the Bone Giant, that being said I heard the Bone Giant was getting a redesign and a release some point in the future.

The game will become more Fantasy like, less cannons and warmachines. More magical. It's not just the "Humans" that get empowered by the gods all factions will experience this.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Load of cobblers I reckon.

All existing models exist - no reason to remove any.

Plus, Araloth isn't on this world anymore. He's in a pocket reality.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

all that just ticks further boxes.

GG GW
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

We don't know how the story ends yet. Until I see it from GW (or pics, or whatever), it's all speculation and rumour.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Page 32 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast