BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 121 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by D6Damager View Post
    ...I would like to be able to use my monsters without being one shotted by a cannon that costs half the points....

...oh wait is that an IF cast Dwellers or Purple Sun? Yeah...that happens and frequently.

I think your oponents are cheating if they are hitting that frequently with cannons and getting IF more than once every 3 to 5 games....

Plus when ever I get IF I invariably blow up as well....

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Badrukk View Post
    bloody stupid "best game of the weekend" scoring system
    We've just started using that here it was either that or ditch Sportsmanship all together. as it was being abused as it was...

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Boofhead View Post
    I think your oponents are cheating if they are hitting that frequently with cannons and getting IF more than once every 3 to 5 games....

Plus when ever I get IF I invariably blow up as well....
    Plus they need to roll up that spell, on the right caster, and be in a solid position to make it felt.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Fly Lord

via BoLS 10-22-2013

Attachment 5344
    Triumph & Treachery
    -It has been designed with 9th edition (next summer) in mind.
    -Many new rule mechanics are already included in the 9th edition ruleset.
    -The main emphasis of the book, multiple players (more than 2) will work with 9th Ed.

-Storm of Magic by contrast will have a harder time being shoe-horned into 9th.
    -All army books after Dark Elves are being tested under both 8th and 9th rulesets for a seamless integration with 9th. Earlier books will need various amounts of errata to integrate.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    via BoLS 10-22-2013

Triumph & Treachery
    -It has been designed with 9th edition (next summer) in mind.
    -Many new rule mechanics are already included in the 9th edition ruleset.
    -The main emphasis of the book, multiple players (more than 2) will work with 9th Ed.

-Storm of Magic by contrast will have a harder time being shoe-horned into 9th.
    -All army books after Dark Elves are being tested under both 8th and 9th rulesets for a seamless integration with 9th. Earlier books will need various amounts of errata to integrate.
    Attachment 5344
    Which means that not all books will be updated to 8th before 9th
    Last edited by angrybear; 10-23-2013 at 04:12 AM.

Hard to see, the future is.....

Some say 2014, others 2015. Yet unless I've missed something, nobody predicted/rumoured this months offering...

Doesn't mean it can be ruled out, but rumours aren't what they once were!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Which means that not all books will be updated to 8th before 9th
    Which may or may not be a bad thing. Wood Elves, Beastmen, and Bretonnians would all benefit from any major changes in Skirmishers and Cavalry in 9th. Waiting to release some armies until the rules are better suited may be better than either changing the feel of the army or having tons of special rules or formations that will no longer be needed.

I don't think any of these rumours yet have actually said anything, well, meaningful. There's going to be a starter box? Hold the front page. These books at the end of the run are designed with forthcoming changes in mind? You don't say!
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by magickbk View Post
    Which may or may not be a bad thing. Wood Elves, Beastmen, and Bretonnians would all benefit from any major changes in Skirmishers and Cavalry in 9th. Waiting to release some armies until the rules are better suited may be better than either changing the feel of the army or having tons of special rules or formations that will no longer be needed.
    I agree with you that Bretonnia is indeed hard to fit well in this edition. However I think the wood elves can be done with ab rules. And the beastmen fit perfectly in this editon but suffer from overcosted units.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronowraith View Post
    I really want them to complete this cycle before they move on to 9th edition.
    I doubt they will do that. Next year is the 4th year of 8th which is how GW has been releasing all their core games for 15+ years now. Combine that with the fact that next year is the 30th anniversary of Warhammer (it was first released in 1983) and I would be *extremely* surprised if a new edition did not show up then. JMO though...

Page 7 of 121 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast