BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 57 of 121 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

dear oh dear
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

Ah the joys of the rumour mill. Half truths, speculation and rampant lies, mixed with the occasional glimpse of fact.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Fly Lord

Via [URL="http://www.belloflostsouls.net/wp-admin/%C2%A0http://eltallerdeyila.blogspot.com/2015/05/rumores-de-warhammer-fantasy-no-tener.html"]El Taller De Yila[/URL] 5-11-2015

MarcusBeli translated a number of entries removed from the Pacific Ocean:

Basically, it says that it is a rumor, we did not believe it. More or less, a translation.

9th edition rules will not be the big leap was the passage of 7th-8th.
    There will be 3 versions of warhammer. The era of Sigmar , recommended to play 500-1500 points and will be a skirmish style game. The era of steel , will be warhammer as we played the last five years. The end of time , magic and 50% to sack commanders and heroes (and know of undeath).
    Power dice are based 2d6 (4d6 ET) to 2000 points and another die for every 1000 points, so that playing at 4000 points 4d6 winds of magic would throw (6d6 ET)
    Many new spells, although all # 6 allow special salvations
    New magical items. Some leave, new ones arrive.
    The measure of 8th remain
    Regeneration works like a hydra of war. Minis dead back with a single wound to 4+ (I think that carriers just won Warhammer)
    Lances make impact hits
    +1 Strength spears against mounted units
    Always attack first change. Charging units obtained ASP against the charging unit.
    Fear as now, but checks are ld -1, -2 terror is ld (battle standards remain unbalanced)
    Lethal blow does 1d3 wounds
    Death Strike continues heroic killing all
    Characters riding monsters have combined profile (which I assume is because the guns were still yelling at them "10 um in the back!")
    Impassivity can be lost with a single row of 5 on the sidewall. Units can not be unmoved against anything that might make thunderous slam.
    2d6 scenarios and a table of far greater land
    The minis lose half its load roll away if they pass spot (I think it is a simplification of the rules of land 7th) but dangerous ground remains in effect (1s to hurt the minis that make checking)
    Building new rules, although still look bad
    Combat resolution - numerical superiority again
    Table quadrants have also returns.
    We'll have to wait to see if the rumors are verified at the moment I do not excite me much !!!
    Last and not least I have a friend in Nottingham who left rods with no man .... no, this is serious. I said my confidence shopkeeper had informed him from the official store of GW Valencia will have two weekends red coming week.

Recall that for the purposes of red GW week is the usual way to warn shopkeepers GW of which will have a weekend with many sales due to a special event such as the launch of a special product.

Thus dependent they not know what is coming but if they have to prepare for that something big is about to arrive. Well, so red are scheduled one week for the month of May and another for June.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Chapter-Master

Well, I don't know how true they are, but I like the sound of a lot of those changes. The three different game types seems like a good way to please everyone, I can see that happening.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

So we have, consistently for a while now, had two distinct sets of rumours.

One of which posits a complete change, involving round bases, an all-new setting, rules so simple you could sneeze them out, etc.

The other set, like the above, suggests revisions to the core Warhammer game in a very familiar fashion. Some things change but it's still recognizably Warhammer.

My personal take is that we're getting two things. A new game, which takes the place of the Hobbit/Lord of the Rings products set in a Warhammer: The Next Generation setting. But also, a new ruleset for Warhammer Fanatsy Battle, the game we're all familiar with, which is going to continue to be supported, receive new models and content. Nobody will need to re-base anything; new products will probably be cross-compatible to some degree.

That's the hat I'm throwing into the ring. Maybe I'm wrong. I have no information save what other people have been saying.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Fly Lord

via warseer's [URL="http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?407604-Warhammer-9th-Edition-Rumor-Discussion&p=7446344&viewfull=1#post7446344"]silveralen[/URL] 5-14-2015

I have more stuff about factions. Usual disclaimer, this is second hand stuff take with a grain of salt etc.

1. Empire Remmanents: Mainly humans, with some dwarfs, ogres, and vampires. Humans units tend towards elite holy warriors (focus on priests, Knights, and witch hunters). The dwarves are mainly steampunk flavored, some of which bleeds into the rest of the faction. Vampires tend towards the human aesthetic, ogres have elements of both.

2. Chaos: all three chaos armies mixed together.

The warriors/humans have the same general design as now, except more obvious demonic gifts. Winged units of warriors was mentioned as an example.

Beastmen will come in more flavors, for example reptilian and avian variations. Also a variety of more animalistic units.

3. Orks/Goblins: More or less the same. They get ogres as per end times.

Also, possible mention of dwarf slaves either as units or as justifcation for some steampunk elements in the army. So possibly a bit more 40kification of the army overall, including more squigs.

4. Skaven: two major changes. First, more warptech, notably more apparent in modeling if not in rules.

Second, lizardmen slaves apparently bound using magic/warptech and mutated.

5. Undead: End times undead. More feral in feel. Beyond that, nothing.

6. Elves: End times elves, slightly more unified in appearence, takes cues from all 3 armies. Nothing much else known.

The last two are possibly due to ignorance rather than an actual lack of changes.

I don't know if any of this is really new besides a couple orc and skaven bits, some of it I read in the round up already but I just put it all down.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Hmmm.

Salty indeed.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Yep, very salty. I really don't think we are going to see mergers of armies. At least not proper ones, I think each army will still retain its own book and 'flavour'. There may be an option to combine them, as End Times currently offers, but I don't see it being a forced merger.

Sure is a mixture of round and square bases on display at Warhams World!

For example:

[url]https://twitter.com/BadDice_Podcast/status/599576105520095232[/url]

[url]https://twitter.com/BadDice_Podcast/status/599575947101151232[/url]

Doesn't seem to be much of a pattern to what's on square and what's on round, but the important thing is that there's displays where it's 90% square, some where it's 90% round, and some where it's a mix. All that "oh you have to rebase your whole army" is probably guff.
    Last edited by Cap'nSmurfs; 05-16-2015 at 09:50 AM.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Chapter-Master

first things that spring to mind seeing that, warp lightning canon makes sense, my warmachines are already on round bases for pivoting on the spot. daemons make sense as well, you can use them in both systems.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.