BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 47 of 121 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Richardson View Post
    lack of cannons LOL.
    cannon*

I was an expert with my great cannon at guessing ranges, the removal of guessing didn't alter much for me, I got it right pretty much every time anyway
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

I love it when you had to guess ranges, especially in 40K. I could snipe with freaking Basilisks. Good times.

I think my favorite artillery story in WFB was in 4th edition when my dad was playing against my Orcs and Goblins using a combined Empire/Dwarf army with both armies' guns. Cannon after cannon misfired until the last one managed to land a shot, misfired for the bounce, and promptly rolled a 1, failing to wound the lone Goblin it hit. The only time I've seen similarly bad luck is, well, pretty much every time I run Skaven. (Two 500 point games in a row, my Warp Lightning Cannon blew up, and my Warlock Engineer miscast while cast Warp Lightning, rolled a 1 for the wounds, injured himself, and promptly forgot how to be a wizard. The first and only time I've used a warpfire thrower, it immediately blew up and took out half my Stormvermin.)

Makes me wonder what kind of stories 9th edition might bring.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    cannon*

I was an expert with my great cannon at guessing ranges, the removal of guessing didn't alter much for me, I got it right pretty much every time anyway
    I used to love guess ranges with my Dwarf stone thrower w/rune of accuracy. I could almost always drop it right on the enemy's head. Killed many a big nasty with the D6 wounds, no AS hits over the years . Of course, I probably killed myself more times than that by misfiring with the way I roll dice...

Brother-Captain

I don't know if this has been mentioned already but in Slayer Grimnir mentions that other worlds will be in need of their gods and as he was referring to himself it really seems like the new WFB setting may have some familiar names/faces.

cannon*

I think that's why they removed it. Any regular user of artillery soon got their eye in. And the introduction of six piece Realm of Battle boards made it even easier. Edge to edge is 24", and you'll know how far you deployed. Knock that off 24", and the rest is dead easy.

I've always found Cannon overrated anyway. If you're not fielding big monsters and that, they're largely wasted points!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

how dare you

my Nuln army would strongly disagree. nothing a bunch of great cannon, mortars, and hellblasters couldn't fix.

how dare you

my Nuln army would strongly disagree. nothing a bunch of great cannon, mortars, and hellblasters couldn't fix.
    Except that giant hole in the wall...

Chapter-Master

of course they could. blow the whole wall up, then there is no longer a hole in it. simple.

I prefer Mortars and Helblaster type weapons - got better flexibility overall.

Mortars in particular seem weedy, but anyone who has been on the receiving end of a solid hit when the dice gods were against them can testify they're anything but. Cheap too!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

once 9th drops I definitely need a new Empire army, may some shooty dwarf allies

Page 47 of 121 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast