BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 8 of 121 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

3rd Ed 40k was about for 6 years....
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Yes, but it was the last of the 6-year cycle releases

40K 3rd and Fantasy 6th was the only time the games were both on a 6 year cycle. I believe that had more to do with changes in the company and design studio than it did with wanting to be on a cycle that long.

Fly Lord

Harry's latest missive regarding WFB 9th 1-14-2014: OP updated.

I am not saying Yes or No ... I am saying "I don't know".
    All I know is they started into a 'ground up' re-write a couple of years ago.
    Nothing was sacred. Not the timeline. Not the stat line. They started with a fresh page.
    Anything could have changed ... Everything could have changed.
    I have heard ... a few things since ... but not enough to say with any certainty what 9th edition will be.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Chapter-Master

Hopefully that ground up approach led them to conclude that most of the stuff was pretty good and didn't require massive changes.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Fly Lord

via Tim the Thief 2-3-2014
    9th Edition Rules
    -Elves roll 3W6 to determine an attack, dwarf roll 1W6
    -Movement will be simplified
    -Armor saves will change, shield give a special save
    -Skirmishers return to the rules from the 7th
    -2.500p will be the new standard Size for Battles
    -Rules for special dangerous Terrain will be dropped
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Chapter-Master

Given on one I know ever bothered with it, I wouldn't be surprised if the crazy terrain went, but the rest don't really make much sense to me.
    Shields already give you a parry save! What's this about rolling to determine an attack? And I really hope armour saves don't change, as that will no doubt mean switching to a 40k all or nothing, which is dumb. And as for 2500 points being standard, it already effectively is and that isn't making the game more welcoming to those wishing to play at lower points. Coronary inducing levels of salt taken with is stuff.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Skepticism Level: Overwhelming.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

But... But shields already give a special save, it's called a parry...

Nonsense. Pure nonsense.

You can tell easily when a rumour is crap: it's when it doesn't have any actual content. Oh, movement is simplified, is it? Pray tell, how?
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Librarian

W is the german word for dice I think. Someone over at Natfka's blog translated it, its probably dice roll for charge range.

Page 8 of 121 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast