BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 111 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1201
    Veteran-Sergeant

Nice models, still not buying into it. GW engendered too much bad blood when they just nuked the whole Fantasy setting that I've been into since I was a wee yin.
    "Kill them, my children, but make it slow..."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Basic Warhammer and 40k rules can be presented on a single double sided A4, so four pages could contain quite a lot of info.
    You'd have to go extremely basic. The summary section of the 40K rulebook is more than four pages. For four pages, you're not going to have a bunch of special rules and stuff like that.

Not saying it'd be bad, just that it'd be a lot more basic than what we're used to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Al Shut View Post
    At least it would guarantee that I'll give it a try or two
    Yeah, that's why it would be a smart move to do. The rules would probably not be "full" rules (which would be in a later rulebook), but could allow for a taste of the system, and having rules for all existing armies (or at least most existing models in whatever new armies they'd form) would make sure people who were already playing WFB could get a chance to see what AoS is like and, in GW's hopes, decide they want to buy into it.

I could be cynical, but in this case, it makes too much sense. I know their track record with sense isn't good, but hey, there's already sort of some possible evidence. So fingers crossed!

I think the Chaos models are brilliant. They look drastically better than some of the existing range *cough*marauders*cough*.

The other stuff though... looks like it came straight out of 40k. They look like honor guard space marines and well, if Fantasy needed anything, it sure as hell wasn't space marines.

Still intrigued by the skirmish rules and what is to come with the main game (since AoS is supposed to be just skirmish).
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

Still not sold on it. Chaos looks good but the Empire looks awful... might make a nice 40k faction though.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Chapter-Master

absolutely crazy. no idea what to make of it

all together:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11224820_990607064306211_8251192748140565104_n.jpg 
Views:	516 
Size:	118.8 KB 
ID:	14828

not keen on those forces of order models (they are not empire, no matter what people call them ) loving the chaos look.

considering all the rumours we have had this year. two stand alone games from GW, we had assassins, Age of Sigmar could be the second. we had rumours of Warhammer 9th in a few months time, which could still be on the cards. rumours for Age of Sigmar said no rulebook, which again suggests to me this is/can be stand alone, and isn't the future of warhammer, just an alternative.
    Last edited by Kirsten; 06-26-2015 at 12:01 PM.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

I think it's the future of Warhammer. They're calling it a starter set, not a standalone game.

And, no, they're not the Empire. I was so "meh" when that last rumour said "10 state troops". These ain't State Troops. These are the guys people were talking about months ago, the Fantasy space-marine-alikes. Sigmar's holy warriors in his multidimensional battle against the Dark Gods. I dunno, I think that's pretty fun!
    Last edited by Cap'nSmurfs; 06-26-2015 at 12:39 PM.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    In the grim darkness of the Mortal Realms, there are only pants.
    LOL... I nearly drowned on my soda... Thanks for that as I was having a b**** of a day...

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'nSmurfs View Post
    I think it's the future of Warhammer. They're calling it a starter set, not a standalone game.

And, no, they're not the Empire. I was so "meh" when that last rumour said "10 state troops". These ain't State Troops. These are the guys people were talking about months ago, the Fantasy space-marine-alikes. Sigmar's holy warriors in his multidimensional battle against the Dark Gods. I dunno, I think that's pretty fun!

Could be fun, but I think it's pretty clear this isn't the Warhammer we've known for 30 years any more.

Kind of wonder what other armies will end up looking like. If we're going to throw everything out the window and start over, can we have war golems for the Dwarfs, for example?

Veteran-Sergeant

Well, 40k started out as Fantasy in Space.

Its now come full circle and is 40k Fantasy.

I like the look of both factions shown here actually. The Fantasy Marines are growing on me, and I really like the Chaos models.

Chapter-Master

Cor, those are some very nice looking Blood Angels!

in seriousness, both forces look pretty nice to me. Not sure if it's something I'd get into personally but it's peaked my interest and I look forward to seeing more.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses