BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 113 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1201

These majestic warriors are the Chosen of Sigmar, just like the 4 Chaos Gods the God-King Sigmar Heldenhammer has his own Chosen.
    Riding on the lightning strikes fired at the mortal realm, these warriors seek to open the legendary Gate of Azyr so that they can liberate the people of the mortal realms from the vile clutches of Chaos.

Think of it this way, Sigmar is Odin, and these guys are all warriors of Asgard.

I had a chat with a GW Manager about these boys yesterday, and that was as much as he could tell me.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, that big cat-thing? "We all have seen it before".

I have no idea what that was supposed to mean, and I couldn't get anymore info out of him. It kinda looks like either a Carnosaur or an alive Mortarch mount though.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Trojan66 View Post
    It's not just about the aesthetics..allthough yes I do have a real problem with them...
    Whatever comes next, this clearly shows that GW are pronouncing fantasy as a genre dead. 40k makes a shed load, let's inject that into the whole range. Even if this is some new army of angels it's clearly aimed at kids and is a herald to a whole dumbed down warhammer. now I may well be in the minority but I thought most of the end times figures were below standard. Not the skaven stuff and not the blight kings...but the rest struck of a lack of imagination and a poor sculpt, and this is clearly coming from the same talentless monkey.

But you are right . It's a beautiful sunny day and I am off to enjoy it.
    what a load of nonsense.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Funny, I thought a certain poster had inside info and knew exactly what was coming....
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    what a load of nonsense.
    Yup. Pure bollocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Funny, I thought a certain poster had inside info and knew exactly what was coming....
    Lol.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

On balance....

I'm somewhere between intrigued and optimistic.

The models themselves look alright - I think the forces of the God-King are more leftfield than most expected.

What I'm most interested in? Forces of the God-King are outnumbered by Chaos......

Just, just think about that for a bit....
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

I'm somewhere between intrigued and worried. My fear is this is clearly not Warhammer as we k ow it and if this is meant to be 9th, it's pretty clear all my existing Empire range is fit only for the bin/never ending 8th ed. if this is just some sort of skirmishy thing and 9th ed is still to come then it's all fine.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Could also be new armies meant to tie in but not be part of Chaos and the Empire
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

yeah I don't believe for a moment that the empire army we know and love is going anywhere. these are new units, and in my opinion will be added to the army. we did hear there would be a forces of order army, I think these are new units that pack a punch to go toe to toe with the monstrous infantry of other armies.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Are those Empire models or Custodes . I like them. The rule set and it's simplicity excite me actually. They sound kid friendly which is nothing but good imo.

Chapter-Master

I was so busy being ill from the sigmarite aesthetic that I didn't even notice everything for the game is on round bases.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves