BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 114 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1201

Heh yep, it will benefit from a less over the top paint scheme I suspect. But yes all on round bases.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    These majestic warriors are the Chosen of Sigmar, just like the 4 Chaos Gods the God-King Sigmar Heldenhammer has his own Chosen.
    Riding on the lightning strikes fired at the mortal realm, these warriors seek to open the legendary Gate of Azyr so that they can liberate the people of the mortal realms from the vile clutches of Chaos.

Think of it this way, Sigmar is Odin, and these guys are all warriors of Asgard.

I had a chat with a GW Manager about these boys yesterday, and that was as much as he could tell me.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, that big cat-thing? "We all have seen it before".

I have no idea what that was supposed to mean, and I couldn't get anymore info out of him. It kinda looks like either a Carnosaur or an alive Mortarch mount though.
    I personally don't care much for the thunder warrior motif, myself, but YMMV. To me, it looks more like a larger demigryph than a carnosaur or Mortarch. Which would be a nice tie-in with the existing Empire range.

I'm looking forward with baited breath, myself. I'm expecting the worst while hoping for the best. Because that's a comfortable place for me to stand in this.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Heh yep, it will benefit from a less over the top paint scheme I suspect. But yes all on round bases.
    Very interesting... GW does such an excellent job at controlling information that I can't find anyone who knows if this replaces WFB 9th or if it is another side game. From a new player recruitment stand point I think this looks really promising. Should appeal to the younger crowd and hopefully breath new life into things.

It always takes me a good while to wrap my mind around major aesthetic shifts so I won't be able to say if I really like the Sigmarites for a few months... heck it took me forever to get used to the new Dreadnought design when it came out in the early 90s.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Weren't the rumours that this was a separate military order od some sort, not the mainstream Empire?

People need to chill, the most you can say at this point is you don't like the aesthetic of two new forces, the sky is not falling.
    Yes. These aren't Empire but it still doesn't explain why GWs answer to everything is, "ADD MORE SPACE MARINES"
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Chronowraith View Post
    Yes. These aren't Empire but it still doesn't explain why GWs answer to everything is, "ADD MORE SPACE MARINES"
    Well, a recurring rumor is that Space Marines make up about 50% of the entire company's sales so....
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Knight View Post
    I personally don't care much for the thunder warrior motif, myself, but YMMV. To me, it looks more like a larger demigryph than a carnosaur or Mortarch. Which would be a nice tie-in with the existing Empire range.
    Except for the bit where demigryphs have beaks, not fangs.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    Except for the bit where demigryphs have beaks, not fangs.
    Oh. Hrm. Those are fangs. Right. Hrm. Then I have no clue. Living Mortarch mount sounds reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    Well, a recurring rumor is that Space Marines make up about 50% of the entire company's sales so....
    Than why even bother with the pretense of offering players a choice? If its all about money just get rid of all the lines that don't sell as well as Space Marines.

They had to burn a long-standing setting to the ground to fit Space Marines into the setting. I'm okay with the setting ending. Plenty of other settings are gone too and I can revel in them through past books and materials. Killing a setting so you can shove Space Marines into a Fantasy setting is the most bizarre thing I've ever seen. Why not just kill Fantasy and come out with yet another Horus Heresy game or some other power armor on power armor game?
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

Battle-Brother

GW should really call Xibit to help market this turkey:

'Yo dawg, we heard you like Space Muhreenz, so we put Space Muhreenz in your Fantasy game so you can Space Muhreen while you Space Muhreen.'

Chapter-Master

but they aren't space marines, so that entire argument falls flat.

heavily armoured infantry are not exactly a new idea in fantasy.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.