BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 29 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    In the 4th edition Empire book, they had Ogres, Dwarfs, and Halflings.

Of course, Dwarfs had their own army, too.

It would take some serious pruning to mesh any of those lists together.
    Those Ogres had completely different backgrounds than the Ogres from the Mountains of Mourn. They weren't as barbaric, didn't practice blood magic, and were as dumb as a box of rocks.

I have no problem with the story moving along and armies changing but to drop entire lines, many units, and mesh together incompatible armies will kill this game. Yeah, it might attract a few new players... but do you honestly thinkm the poor lizardmen players would just pick up another army after getting the shaft (this assumes the improbable likelihood that these rumors are accurate). I just don't see them widdling down to 6 armies. Combining army lists into larger books? Maybe.
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    Yea, end times has got it spot on in my view. Radical changes to the background and some significant, though limited, rule changes. Armies are merged without invalidating any existing units or books. If that works and is selling like hot cakes, why the hell would they start pissing people off by suddenly getting rid of existing units and even whole races?
    Because GW doesn't do market research.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

They've just produced a product that has people more excited about Warhammer than they have been in donkeys years, is literally selling out in minutes and has met with pretty much universal acclaim. Why do they need to do market research? they clearly know what people want.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Chapter-Master

They've just produced a product that has people more excited about Warhammer than they have been in donkeys years, is literally selling out in minutes and has met with pretty much universal acclaim. Why do they need to do market research? they clearly know what people want.
    Well...

1) not doing market research is stupid on a whole new level.

2) You know all those years BEFORE they released endtimes? they could have been a lot better with market reseach

3) They are set to follow up on this amazing release by pissing off almost every customer that bought into it....great way to continue selling stuff there.

GWs philosophy is throw crap and a wall and some will stick, just because one piece does (endtimes) doesn't mean that you could have gone about the whole thing a lot better by thinking about it first
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

I'm not getting into the 'they don't do market research' argument, it's been done too many times.

What I will say is that Harry has clearly demonstrated that the idea for End Tomes has been around for years. They have obviously spent a lot of time thinking about it and I frankly don't see how they could have done it any better, other than perhaps more copies of the hardback books.

You also seem to be taking these rumours as fact, because they fit nicely with your rather negative view of GW. We are too far out for anything be even vaguely reliable, other than perhaps Harry, who by his own admission gets a 'flavour' of things and pieces stuff together himself.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Chapter-Master

You also seem to be taking these rumours as fact, because they fit nicely with your rather negative view of GW. We are too far out for anything be even vaguely reliable, other than perhaps Harry, who by his own admission gets a 'flavour' of things and pieces stuff together himself.
    sorry, wait, I thought we we're discussing the rumours as listed and the hypothetical out come of them. You do realise to do that you actually have to operate under the assumption that the rumours are true, I mean the possibility exists that they aren't true, but then why are you even talking about them......Perhaps if I re-issued my statement with a caveat of "If these are true" that might be easier?

Of course on the other hand, we see this ever single time:

RM"GW is doing XYZ and its bad"
    C1"Well these are pretty bad and heres why"
    C2"they are just rumours man, GW isn't that stupid"
    -Rumours are inevitably accurate in roughly 70% of instances
    C1 "see told you so"

RM"GW is doing XYZ and its bad"
    C1"Well these are pretty bad and heres why"
    C2"they are just rumours man, GW isn't that stupid"
    -Rumours are inevitably accurate in roughly 70% of instances
    C1 "see told you so"

Chapter-Master

Yea, end times has got it spot on in my view. Radical changes to the background and some significant, though limited, rule changes. Armies are merged without invalidating any existing units or books. If that works and is selling like hot cakes, why the hell would they start pissing people off by suddenly getting rid of existing units and even whole races?
    I can't see them throwing out any recent plastic kits. That would be crazy. I could see them ditching any units in finecast and metal though, and to a lesser extent very old plastic kits allthough it's possible they might update some of these with a new look.

I could also see them doing plastic releases as shorter lifespan stuff (the rumour said 6 months to a year) - This would make a lot of sense - we've had limited ed space marine captains, space hulk and quite a bit of stuff done like that now - if it's selling less, plastic kits done via the method of cheaper aluminium moulds rather than the more expensive steel ones would make a lot of sense and would explain the reason for this rumour.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    I can't see them throwing out any recent plastic kits. That would be crazy.
    If those units aren't selling in the quantities required to make them viable (aka consistently profitable) then it makes sense for a public company to do this. I suspect that the molding and design process has become much much cheaper in recent years and the majority of the "costs" will be in shelf space, warehousing and maintenance. It wouldn't be the first time a company has looked at the profitability margins on their products and chosen to write off a bad investment to make space for future sales.
    Last edited by Locke66; 01-07-2015 at 07:30 PM.

If this is true then I'm done with fantasy, that is a giant cluster**** of terrible ideas rolled into one.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

They better not get rid of lizardmen wtf! My army would be useless and why would they cut out an army thats always been around??
    Purge the Weak!

Page 29 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast