BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 39 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

i was excited till i saw that head... i need to see the other heads.... that one isnt my fancy

It's because they're computer designed, yes. You lose something of the organic shape and texturing you get when sculpting by hand; the payoff is that you can do all sorts of cool stuff in plastic you couldn't otherwise (size being one of them). The kits since they went all-in on CAD have been a joy to put together too. I don't mind the slight blockiness personally. They'll probably get better with it in time.

I don't think GW's in-house painting style always shows these models at their best, either.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'nSmurfs View Post
    It's because they're computer designed, yes. You lose something of the organic shape and texturing you get when sculpting by hand; the payoff is that you can do all sorts of cool stuff in plastic you couldn't otherwise (size being one of them). The kits since they went all-in on CAD have been a joy to put together too. I don't mind the slight blockiness personally. They'll probably get better with it in time.

I don't think GW's in-house painting style always shows these models at their best, either.
    frankly the style is edge highlights. thats the best way to describe it. it looks good in pictures plus they photoshop them im sure

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    Shame wardancers are currently completely useless and have old metal models.
    But....the old metal models look....cool....
    It's like killing two hobbits with one stone...
    And remember, there is no "I" in team but there is a "ME".

Fly Lord

via Voices on the Wind 3-3-2015

- Modular Terrain is Coming to WFB
    - Similar in concept to the recent 40K interlinking modular terrain system, but Fantasy themed.
    - To be released with WFB 9th, or shortly thereafter.
    - Designed to to support the skirmish game.
    - Look for aesthetic and stylistic cues taken from pieces such at the current WFB Watchtower and Chapel
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Modular WFB terrain would be nifty.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Yup.

8th Ed made terrain interesting, rather than something you just went over, round, but never ever through.

Groovy New Kits very welcome - especially if done in a more Mordheim style for the alleged skirmishy rule addition.

Definitely getting me a biggerer flat this year! I need room for a 6x4!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Images of the new Khorne infantry units here :
    [url]http://www.talkwargaming.com/2015/03/news-new-skullreapers-wrathmongers-in.html[/url]

I guess they might be a clue as to what modern Berzerkers might look like too.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Very nice!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

The models are nice enough, but another non-monstrous monstrous infantry unit is something I just don't get. All the cost of monstrous infantry with none of the benefits. Does anyone actually use those Nurgle chaps?
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Page 39 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast