BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 38 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    via Voices in the Wind 2-24-2015
    WFB 9th Box Content
    Oi vey

And... what? Island of Blood still available like Dark Vengeance was? It's had a bit longer of a run, and I find it hard to believe they'd drop the push-fit starter sets entirely.

I very much doubt island of blood will continue as it comes with rules pamphlet that will be out of date.
    Have you lot noticed that the independent stockists have started to sell off warhammer regiment sets cheap. Some great bargains to be had...but a sign that units are disappearing or just being reboxed ?

Brother-Sergeant

I have to admit, I like the sound of the new box set. I might buy it for my 9th edition rules. Looks like we might be able to use (at least) Empire, elf and dwarfs together. I have been thinking that it would be cool to add a unit of Dwarf slayers and Wardancers to my Empire army.
    It's like killing two hobbits with one stone...
    And remember, there is no "I" in team but there is a "ME".

Sounds kinda cool!

I think if you definitely want Island of Blood, get it now. It's five years old, which is about the usual lifespan.

Dark Vengeance was reboxed with new rules because it was not even quite two years old when 7th Ed hit. I wouldn't take it as precedent.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by flipchuck View Post
    I have to admit, I like the sound of the new box set. I might buy it for my 9th edition rules. Looks like we might be able to use (at least) Empire, elf and dwarfs together. I have been thinking that it would be cool to add a unit of Dwarf slayers and Wardancers to my Empire army.
    Shame wardancers are currently completely useless and have old metal models.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Librarian

New WD!!

[url]https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/11016977_924931530859455_6097414614708630926_n.jpg ?oh=40dfdfd6037108703844c556cc4c28ca&oe=5590E200&_ _gda__=1431232393_5483dd2d00c52b1f960f2b68b3752990[/url]
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar´s Gauntlets

Chapter-Master

Holy moly that looks good! I've always found Khorne the boringest of the boring Daemon armies, but that is a nice model.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

That's what a Greater Daemon should look like. We've had to labour with sad, small (but cool when they were first released!) models for so long.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Is it just me, or do a lot of the new models, especially large ones, have a lot of "squareness" to them, especially in areas that are muscled? Seems the CAD might be making them a little off without a person being able to hands-on "massage" the sculpts. Or that's a stylistic change GW's going in, which is possible, like WoW's oversized shoulder pads, or Warmachines' similar chunky look. Edge-highlighting all those sharp edges on the muscles probably isn't helping (and thankfully I doubt most gamers will do that).

Page 38 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast