BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 54 of 121 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Last edited by The Girl; 04-20-2015 at 10:26 AM. Reason: suggestion….
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Fly Lord

via [URL="http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?407604-Warhammer-9th-Edition-Roundup-Discussion-(Reloaded)&p=7431358&viewfull=1#post7431358"]DVeight[/URL] 4-22-2015

Warhammer 9th Timing
    The source is a GW employee in a senior position. Not design team. Very good friend of mine that has for years been trying to get me to play Warhammer and 40K which I started year ago. He let the cat out of the bag when we discussed teeing up a social game. His words were "Let's organise a game soon and also some time get together with the other guys for a last game of 8th edition triumph and treachery. 9th Edition is locked in for release on 11th July."
    via [URL="http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?407604-Warhammer-9th-Edition-Roundup-Discussion-(Reloaded)&p=7431914&viewfull=1#post7431914"]Harry[/URL] 4-22-2015
    Regarding the initial 9th "Starter Set"
    via jtrowell
    If it exists at all, for now the only thing that I consider confirmed is that there should be a box with Chaos against "Humans" (thanks Harry ), but it might well be just a normal starter box released in fall like for the previous editions, and not a separate skirmish game at all.
    via Harry
    You are most welcome.
    I have posted about this. It is not a 'normal' Fantasy box set. It is more like the recent 40K Box sets. The rules "book" is tiny... barely a booklet even a pamphlet is being over generous ... more of a leaflet ... well I say leaflet, it's closer to a 'post it note'. There is not enough paper in this to wipe your own @rse ... never mind space for enough rules to call it a skirmish game. If Fischer Price made wargames this would be Fischer Price my first wargame. It's good but it's not quite Carling.

(I may be overstating just how small the rulebook is for comedy effect. )
    via Arthurius11
    I can agree with Harry's last post as this is the information I have also.
    ~and also confirms round bases for the models.
    Last edited by Bigred; 04-24-2015 at 12:48 AM.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Oh what was that about GW would NEVER do round bases.

So long far well fantasy
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Librarian

Just had a conversation with a guy that says he's seen the rulebook for 9th in his work with another certain game company.

Here's what I got, though some of this may be rumor reverb or it may supplement some rumors that have already come out:

Humans (referred to as Order of Light):
    -Empire, Dwarves, Brettonia all wrapped up into one.

Ogres:
    -Mercenaries. Hinted that they may work with Humans more often than not.

Chaos:
    -Warriors, Daemons, Beastmen, and SKAVEN all wrapped up into Chaos.

All finecast models are OUT. Even some plastic models are gone.
    Lizardmen heavily neutered. No Slann, obviously, but interestingly, all Skink Priests can be Lv 4 Wizards. No more Carnosaur or those pterodactyl fliers either, even though they were plastic. Engines of the Gods still in and playable.
    Skaven and Beastmen also lost a lot of models, mostly centered around whatever was still finecast.
    Vampire Counts also lost a lot of models, again, mostly finecast stuff.
    Most End Times models are limited run. When whatever is available is gone, it's gone for good, including models like Nagash.

Fantasy will do campaign books with boxes that have one-off special characters/models that will be limited-run. Once they're gone, they're gone.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DrBored View Post
    Just had a conversation with a guy that says he's seen the rulebook for 9th in his work with another certain game company.

Here's what I got, though some of this may be rumor reverb or it may supplement some rumors that have already come out:

Humans (referred to as Order of Light):
    -Empire, Dwarves, Brettonia all wrapped up into one.

Ogres:
    -Mercenaries. Hinted that they may work with Humans more often than not.

Chaos:
    -Warriors, Daemons, Beastmen, and SKAVEN all wrapped up into Chaos.

All finecast models are OUT. Even some plastic models are gone.
    Lizardmen heavily neutered. No Slann, obviously, but interestingly, all Skink Priests can be Lv 4 Wizards. No more Carnosaur or those pterodactyl fliers either, even though they were plastic. Engines of the Gods still in and playable.
    Skaven and Beastmen also lost a lot of models, mostly centered around whatever was still finecast.
    Vampire Counts also lost a lot of models, again, mostly finecast stuff.
    Most End Times models are limited run. When whatever is available is gone, it's gone for good, including models like Nagash.

Fantasy will do campaign books with boxes that have one-off special characters/models that will be limited-run. Once they're gone, they're gone.
    Well... Other than finecast going the way of the dodo this is not how I imagined they would play things out.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Still hugely sceptical.

With the moulds already existent, why ditch any plastic units, let alone popular ones?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Why on earth would GW be showing their rule book to other games companies? That alone makes me think this is some seriously smelly chat. That and fact there are no elves on that list and the suggestion they are getting rid of pretty new and popular kits like the carnosaur. I can see them sending more stuff to direct only to free up shelf space (there are already a few direct only plastic kits), but there are no other sensible reasons for getting rid of plastic units.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Chapter-Master

Yeah i don't believe plastic kits will be ditched
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Could be some level of confusion.

Harry has suggested there may be a new skirmish game as an addition.

In that sense, not having big stuff in it makes some sense, as they would be restricted to Properhammer.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

So many rumours, will be fascinating to see what actually happens.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.