BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 120 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121 LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1201

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    Not sure they've kept me interested. The ranked up u its was one of the core things that differentiated Warhammer from other miniatures games and it looks like that is dead and gone. Along with a piece of my heart. I'm getting more depressed the more I hear about this.
    But here's the thing... You're likely to go download that and give it a try, right? Certainly more likely than buying even a $45 rulebook (much less the modern price of $85)?

This isn't Warhammer, but I'll give it a chance as its own game. I'm not hyped or enthusiastic right now, but hey, it won't cost me anything to try it.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    Not sure they've kept me interested. The ranked up u its was one of the core things that differentiated Warhammer from other miniatures games and it looks like that is dead and gone. Along with a piece of my heart. I'm getting more depressed the more I hear about this.
    They lost me at full on round bases. My fascination with WFB was always the historical game feel in a fantasy setting. We'll see what comes down the road but for now I'm setting this one out.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

Fly Lord

GW is actually trying to compete in the current 2015 wargaming marketplace. This is a watershed moment for them.

They are competing on the merits for the first time in a very long time.

The pricepoint is competitive.
    The rules are free.
    The minis are top of industry quality.
    They are not invalidating any existing minis.
    They are being fairly transparent to retailers.

This all points to a GW realization that THIS is the make or break moment for WFB, so they are trying to do it right.

Color this gamer impressed.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Brother-Sergeant

So, I heard that there isn't going to be point values in Age of Sigmar.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    GW is actually trying to compete in the current 2015 wargaming marketplace.
    My problem is that they seem to be trying to compete in the current market a bit too much. Free rules, okay, that's cool. Ditto for putting rules in with the models.

Trying to out-simplify Mantic? Switching to a bulkier aesthetic on rounded bases like Warmachine? Not as cool.

Change the rules some, even a lot, okay. Add in skirmish to high level. But leave the bases square because then they can still rank up a lot easier. Now the only company with a true ranking game in a fantasy genre is Mantic with Kings of War. Warmachine and Malifaux are both round based small skirmish. Warhammer stood out as its own thing. Not so much now.

Guess we'll see how it works.

Anyone know what the price will be in proper munneh?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Anyone know what the price will be in proper munneh?
    Well, people are saying $120-$125, both have been quoted.

Or are you doing that nationalist thing where you think your country has the only real money in the world?

National digs aside, I'd suggest it'll be about the same range as Dark Vengeance, whatever that is.

$15 more than DV.....so probs either £70 or £75.

Of course it's proper munneh. It's got Her Maj on it.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Oh, I thought DV was up to $125 by now. Okay, I guess a better comparison would be Space Hulk, Execution Force, or even the Stormclaw or Deathstorm sets.

Hmm... Kind of odd they'd price it above DV. DV has a comparable load of figures and stuff, and if you're aiming for a good entry price, that seems better. (But at least it's not a board game. I'd think the copies of Execution Force in their warehouse and stores everywhere would teach them not to do that again.)

£75 - same as Execution Force it would seem.