BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 10 of 121 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Yeah, I don't buy it either. What do they actually gain from moving the background on massively? It doesn't affect the game on the table. They can make small adjustments, move it on a little and have a good effect. Look at the dwarves. They've entered a new phase of reclamation, getting more involved in the world and developing new weapons. That change seems to have worked really well.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Just hope they fix cavalry... And the lance formation... And lances.

I'm sorry but an Elf with a sword (HW) can hit a Bretonian Knight with a 3m lance first? Stupid rules which really do not make a fight seem real. You've all seen the biggest charge of cavalry on screen... The Riders of Rohan saving Minas Tirith... Make heavy cavalry viable again!

Too many time's I've seen my knights bounce off/tarred/die.

Hopefully they move the armour reduction up a notch too. So S5 is -1sv. and S10 is -6sv.

And as for rolling armies into a single book. Brets > Empire to make Kingdoms of Men. BOOOO! Two completely different armies nations and ways of life... besides has the empire just been like wiped out and they've all packed up and moved into bret land?

Brother-Sergeant

I don't like special rules based on unit formations. If the lance formation was so effective, a High Elf knights and Empire cavalry would use it too. They certainly have the martial discipline... in history successful military tactics were eventually copied. I'd rather see Brets and Imp knights differentiated in some other fashion than a mundane military formation.

What would they do with all the models for long-dead special characters? Doesn't make much sense to me.

Alpha Legion Operative

Quote Originally Posted by Gobskrag 'Eadbasha View Post
    What would they do with all the models for long-dead special characters? Doesn't make much sense to me.
    You mean all those metal and finecast models they're so fond of?
    My End Times Project Log on BOLS, current project: Undead Goblins! - http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?50621-ACE01-s-End-Times-begin!-A-plog-to-keep-me-motivated

Brother-Captain

They've cold dropped characters between editions before so that's not a big deal for them. There's also the option of fielding them as Historic Figures of Renown or letting loose time travel shenanigans upon the poor people of the Warhammer world. Time jumps aren't a big deal, and WFB's been doing them for a while since it's not a frequently updated narrative.

Veteran-Sergeant

Also, characters like Eldrad and Captain Tycho are dead in 40k but you can still field them. AFAIK you can't field Valten the Exalted for an Empire army any more though (shame too, the model's utterly stunning) so there are precedents either way.

Chapter-Master

Marius Leitdorf is dead and in the current army book.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Not to mention Vlad, Isabella, Konrad, Lord Kroak.....
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Battle-Brother

Kouran (Dark Elves). Azhag(Orks)......
    The machine knows all. Praise the Omnissiah!
    WFB: Dark elves, Skaven Clan Mors, Nippon. HH and 40k: Adeptus Mechanicus.

Page 10 of 121 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast