BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 103 of 121 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1201

That's what she said!

Right, if anyone wants me, I'll be in the corner of shame.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I'd prefer shoes, but if not shoes at least have them rank up properly and have better defined detail so they aren't a nightmare to assemble,rank up and paint.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

as soon as they fix the state troopers my Nuln army of gunpowder doom will explode into life
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I'd prefer shoes, but if not shoes at least have them rank up properly and have better defined detail so they aren't a nightmare to assemble,rank up and paint.
    The faces are hideous, but the shoes thing did always strike me as a bit odd, because these are professional soldiers, so they should have solid equipment, and useful for fighting.

The rank up issue's existed across a number of kits for a while. Daemons (especially Horrors and Bloodletters) can be really rough, as can Phoenix Guard, but I think the worst are still the old Clanrats with arms held well out to the side and long tails sticking behind them. Put shields on them and it was a mess. Eventually you learn to just arrange a unit's worth of bases in the formation you'll usually use, assemble the model, then glue it to the base to make sure it ranks up properly. The old four-wide bases were also pretty good for that.

First-Captain

Ranking up models is the worst part about WFB and why I'd welcome any changes to how units are deployed.

You is wrong in the face on that one.

Ranked units are the best things.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

First-Captain

They look great (for some units, still don't see Daemons ranking up) but its just such a pain in modelling terms in this day of multipart dynamic kits!

Chapter-Master

No one is allowed to moan about ranking up models until they have tried to rank up Black Orcs.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Black Orcs don't strike me as being as annoying as Horrors or Bloodletters. And seriously, don't discount the old Clanrats.

But I might have just gotten used to ranking Black Orcs as I have over 100 of them due to eagerly prepping for Grimgor's army in Storm of Chaos. (Lots of metals already, and then the plastics came out and I snagged a bunch of them. To say nothing of the really old Black Orcs...)

- - - Updated - - -

And heck, if AoS would somehow let me run Grimgor leading a force of just angry Black Orcs, I think I'd be happy just for that.

First-Captain

Black Orcs are pretty awful, they just take up so much of the room available to their base.

Spindly Horrors or Bloodletters are not every close as they just don't take up much room.