BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 11 of 121 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
    Brother-Captain

If they time jump I will buy the book, no matter what happens elsewhere, if there's a designer's note box addressing the chronological incongruity titled "A Wizard Did It" that had some form of the following. The world of Warhammer Fantasy Battle (r) is a realm of magic and adventure filled with devious plots, homunculi, ancient artifacts and other shenanigans that mock you concept of linear time, so enjoy!

Veteran-Sergeant

I'm now imagining the timeline thing as an excuse to dramatically change up my beloved Asrai... In response to the growing power of Chaos in the world, Athel Loren has become a much more hostile, overgrown and dark place to live. If the wood elves were slow to trust before, they're downright paranoid and hostile now. The spirits of the forest have become much more violent and defensive, entire groves of treekin and dryads going insane due to the growing darkness. Wood Elves but more prickly and angry. Think the difference between Lothlorien and Fangorn forest

If the rumours are true, and the timeline has indeed moved forward forcing the surving few realms of order to band together, I think GW would have handled the change in structure and rules in a very intelligent way (I wish the same could be said for 40K).

I am expecting a change akin to how the LOTR range has been managed, in that you can assemble an army from a huge range of minatures from any of the "allied" codex with a simple mechanic in place (1 HQ from the codex = 1 - 2 troop equivalent). This will see dwarves standing side by side with men... wood elves with their high elf cousins... saurus fighting the combined of chaos and dark elves and other such forces...

I have to say this change does excite me and if handled well would very likely see me invest in a few minatures, rather than continue to sell them off at my current rate.
    Iron Hands fanboy since 2008.
    Iron Hands [4k], Brotherhood of Iron [1k], Sons of Medusa [500]

Fly Lord

via Kensei Dono 4-7-2014
    Wood elves are from I've been told may. New edition is June/July and the entire history of Fantasy is moving forwards. Sigmar's Blood was just the tip of the iceberg because that is new events in Fantasy.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

WFBs timeline has moved forward before so it is hardly unprecedented, nothing much really changes though. Fingers crossed for an Empire Empress...
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    WFBs timeline has moved forward before so it is hardly unprecedented, nothing much really changes though. Fingers crossed for an Empire Empress...
    Eh Ludmilla hasn't the Support!

KF's Son is set to take the throne should nothing happen to him.

Chapter-Master

He has a son? Which novel do I need to read to find out about that?
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Grand Provost Marshal

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Psh, forget the Empire. Let Kislev take its rightful place as the greatest nation of the Old World, and the reign of the Tsarina bring peace to the lands of men, and death to the servants of the ruinous powers!

Scout

I dont care what happens as long as my Dwarf's are intact! lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    He has a son? Which novel do I need to read to find out about that?
    He was first mentioned in the one of the 4th ed era short stories and mentioned in WFRP several times since. Louiepold (sp?) after his grandfather IIRC.

Page 11 of 121 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast