BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 13 of 121 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Knowing that they're releasing a new 40k this year, I can't see a new Fantasy edition dropping before next year. Could well be wrong, but I think it's unprecedented (then again, a two-year turnaround is too).
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Maybe November release for Christmas?

Nah. You set your Chrimbo sales in the Summer. Let's them really get frothy. And dedicated.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

November is always a big sales month for them, but December is a dead month and you need a new army the month after a new edition to capitalise on it. It's possible but I don't see it.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Seems as though the last few army books have odd rules that are set up for a planned new edition so I would expect August-November as well. Just a couple of months after the Brets book!

Chapter-Master

Can you give an example? I can't think of any particularly odd rules. I'm getting more doubtful about a new edition. Most of the rumours were saying Brets by now, but the 40k stuff keeps rolling on and we still haven't had so much as sniff of actual rumours about rules or models for Brets.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Librarian

Isn't WFB just going to fall in behind 40k though? We'll get a three volume slipcase with maybe a fortnight's notice then straight to army books with supplements on the day of release if you buy the LE, a week after if not, then Campaign sets alongside campaign books.

Or do you think WHAMster will go a different way?
    "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"

Chapter-Master

I don't think it will get anywhere near the level of support that 40k gets. All the chatter coming from GW said the bean counters weren't happy with the same amount being spent on Warhammer as 40k whilst 40k generated more than double the revenue. The latest trends would indicate they have cut back the support. Wood elves got two weeks of releases, which amounted to 4 new kits and an army book. They left 3 units still in metal with no new kits, one finecast unit and numerous finecast characters. Orks have had, what, 5 weeks of releases? With that rolling straight into a new boxed set and space wolves rumoured to be on the horizon. The days of late rating releases are long gone. We will being doing well to get a Warhammer release slot every two to three months, and expect that to be a brief one with only partial updates of armies.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    I don't think it will get anywhere near the level of support that 40k gets. All the chatter coming from GW said the bean counters weren't happy with the same amount being spent on Warhammer as 40k whilst 40k generated more than double the revenue. The latest trends would indicate they have cut back the support. Wood elves got two weeks of releases, which amounted to 4 new kits and an army book. They left 3 units still in metal with no new kits, one finecast unit and numerous finecast characters. Orks have had, what, 5 weeks of releases? With that rolling straight into a new boxed set and space wolves rumoured to be on the horizon. The days of late rating releases are long gone. We will being doing well to get a Warhammer release slot every two to three months, and expect that to be a brief one with only partial updates of armies.
    It's like a self fulfilling prophecy on behalf of the money men, "X isn't as popular as Y, do less X". It'll be weird when they'e just flogging 40k.
    "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"

Veteran-Sergeant

Totally agree with you, Wildeybeast, and it makes me really sad. I was hoping my Wood Elves would get a substantial release and that the armies I play against would all go on to get lots of nice new toys but, alas, nothing for Wood Elves and little sign of anything for other armies.