BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 14 of 121 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Part of the problem beyond less support compared to 40k is pricing. You are paying 40k price per model for WFB (understandable from GWs perspective) but you need a lot more models in an army. Eighteen pounds buys you a squad of Dark Eldar or whatever that forms a single unit or even two smaller units but that is a third or a quarter of a single unit in WFB. 40k not only becomes the more popular scifi setting but the cheaper option too.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Scout

I agree. 9th ed sounds unlikely. I too will follow Hastings' statement of 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by wisetiger7 View Post
    I agree. 9th ed sounds unlikely. I too will follow Hastings' statement of 2015.
    I don't know, if they come out with a new edition it lets them keep making new books for the popular armies instead of having to update the less popular ones.

So timeline moving on and Undead factions merging has already happened, before 9th ed.
    I wonder if that means we can trust the rest of the rumours...

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Griffiths View Post
    So timeline moving on and Undead factions merging has already happened, before 9th ed.
    I wonder if that means we can trust the rest of the rumours...
    The merge hasn't happened, the Legion of Nagash is a new 3rd army that uses stuff from the 2 books

So still no confirmed rumour, just hitting the dartboard aint a bullseye

Brother-Sergeant

I'm still thinking its for campaign purposes only. I don't see the merge as a long term idea.

Fly Lord

Latest 9th Edition Rumors by [URL="http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Faeit212/~3/XnxQcQ6k8ng/9th-edition-pre-orders-around-corner.html"]Father Gabe[/URL] 9-3-2014

Just got some news from several sources concerning the strong possibility of 9th edition Warhammer Fantasy.

1) Coming tomorrow to a GW near you will be a series of new posters for in store advertisement for something BIG as the corporate email stated.
    2) Some GW stores are finding Island of Blood sets are being zeroed out of their system for restock. Similar when Dark Vengeance happened to Assault on Black Reach.
    3) This part is speculation: Bretonnians are going to be playing a big part in the Nagash saga in the beginning, it is believed the following is going to happen:

a) Pre-Order for 9th Edition will be Sept 13th (with special editions - standard new edition merchandising)
    b) October will receive the new box edition (if standard releases from past is an indicator) which may contain Bretonnians and Undead.
    c) Bretonnians will have a new Army book, model release following that, possibly into November before the Christmas packs roll in.
    d) intermingled among these releases will be probably some filler models (repackaged Crom/Valten/etc.), army bundles, etc.

4) Not of speculation, though it must be considered rumor, I (and a few chosen) have personally seen new artwork by John Blanche for Bretonnians. Does this mean it will be in the new book? No idea, but sometimes his stuff is used for the sculptors to pull concept to model.

Or we could be really blindsided by everything and it be 25 new paints (not very likely), Dark Eldar (possible) or something ridiculous like a mass Hobbit release. GW likes to have a strong second quarter launch that will help carry through 3rd quarter (end of February).
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Releasing 9th edition in the middle of the End Times releases wouldn't make much sense. Also, the leaks from this weekend's WD show next week's WD having "Alien Invasion," which is 40K related. I can't imagine them doing End Times: Nagash, then the models for it, then one week of 40K, then suddenly 9th edition WFB, and then jump back to End Times with a detour to Bretonnia in there somewhere. I know GW can sometimes be all over the place with their panicking rather than planning, but this is a bit much even for that.

A blind and castrated Jokaero could've seen that Bretonnia plays a big part in the early End Times.

Heck, just reading the prologue of the novel, which has been up as an extract for almost two whole weeks, would have told of various events surrounding Bretonnia. Nevermind the rest of the fluff that came from the Nagash book.

This reminds me very much of the "OMFG NEW 40K STARTER BOX WITH PUPPIES AND ORKS!!" rumors we had a few months ago.

IF there is a new big box coming, it will likely be more like Stormclaw - a limited big box to accompany the current campaign. Not 9th edition, but 8th with a campaign book, a few new/custom models and the fluff to play along Arkhan and Mallobaude's trek through Bretonnia and their battles against the loyal armies of King Louen Leoncoeur.

Actually reading the latest background material would be helpful in discerning what rumors seem trustworthy and how they'd fall into place, if true.

Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    Releasing 9th edition in the middle of the End Times releases wouldn't make much sense.
    unless endtimes technically is 9th. remember, the first 8th ed book (to my knowledge) was TK, so i see no reason why it wouldn't be the same in this case.