BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 18 of 121 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Not seeing anything he said which indicates the wholesale abandonment of armies.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Not sure Harry is on the right page on this one.

He's not being specific, and seems to almost be back peddling on certain stuff to make his earlier rumour seem more accurate. Makes me wonder - did he stop rumour mongering because of community hostility (plausible), because his source no longer works for GW (plausible), or a bit of both (plausible).

And let's not forget, he and another usually reliable rumour monger were giving conflicting rumours about the future of Warhammer.
    sure its just a rumour, but its scary

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Not seeing anything he said which indicates the wholesale abandonment of armies.
    but the only way to own the IP is to loose all the generic Fantasy that other companies can copy ... normal Dwarves, Elves and sure as heck you have to get rid of the historical based human armies ... or you can go build an Empire or Bretonnian army from anyone's miniatures.
    I mean I guess they could leave the "name" on a book/ in the background....but uhm....
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

And where is the sense in it? How does it benefit anything to have a nation squished so badly it can't fight anymore? Background suffers, and sales would likely suffer.

and which one?

Kill The Empire, and you kill the Old World. You can't squish Bretonnia without going through The Empire first. Ulthuan? Bye bye Vortex, bye bye Warhammer World. Naggaroth? Seems incredibly unlikely, no matter how many attack - The Black Arks will just nick off somewhere else.

Dwarfs? Nope. Wood Elves? Good luck, and just had a really nice set of releases to boot.

Beastmen? Pretty much omnipresent. Skaven - likewise.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Sure but the key word there is generic. High Elves, Dark Elves and the Empire are all quite distinct aesthetically and thematically. Bretonnians would be the closest being a very generic medieval knight army. Sure you can build an Empire army out of other peoples miniatures but that is because most other companies copy GW.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

hey guys, This is just my opinion on the rumour, its a scary thing. and I agree with you mystery, in that its entirely possible harry is wrong. I certainly hope he is.

I am kinda glad I couldnt afford to start a celtic wood elf army though.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Sure but the key word there is generic. High Elves, Dark Elves and the Empire are all quite distinct aesthetically and thematically. Bretonnians would be the closest being a very generic medieval knight army. Sure you can build an Empire army out of other peoples miniatures but that is because most other companies copy GW.
    If GW's take on dwarfs is not distinct enough then empire, High elves and dark elves would be fair game as well I'd say
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

How do they own the IP?

Easy peasy.

Big army specific kits, with distinctly Warhammer themes. The races already have their own language specific names (Asur, Asrai, Druchii, Kazalid (think that's a language...). Vampire Counts is reasonable enough, and could be changed to Sylvania. Tomb Kings could become Nehekhara. Change each army name to it's geographic locale.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    How do they own the IP?

Easy peasy.

Big army specific kits, with distinctly Warhammer themes. The races already have their own language specific names (Asur, Asrai, Druchii, Kazalid (think that's a language...). Vampire Counts is reasonable enough, and could be changed to Sylvania. Tomb Kings could become Nehekhara. Change each army name to it's geographic locale.
    sounds fair, thats what their doing in 40k (militarum anyone) but not whats rumoured

Rumours have been notoriously unreliable of late.

Nagash? Nothing rumbled until what, three or four weeks tops from the eventual release? Well, not that I saw.

Ork rumours for 40k were similarly out for a good while.

You know what would make Empire less 'generic historical European army' (which it isn't atm really but whatevs)? FEMALE TROOPS/CHARACTERS!

Yep and now Space Hulk being rumoured for two weeks basically, no word of it earlier.

Chapter-Master

grey knights also dropped out of nowhere