BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 121 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    Sorry, I was trying to be humorous. I don't thnk they are for the chop, just pointing out the flaw in claiming all books will be done and then missing one of the armies from the list. Makes rumours harder to believe when they contradict themselves.
    Ha! My humor detector failed me...

I do agree with the sentiment that the rumors didn't make sense (for a number of reasons).

As for how different 9th could be from 8th, it could be drastic if you look at the random conjecture flying around other forums. Now... that's just conjecture. Me? I'll worry about this in a year and a half or so when my Skaven book has another 20 pages of errata and FAQs.
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

Fly Lord

via Faeit - (Tim the Thief) 9-2-2013

Release
    -All Softcover Armybooks will obsolet with the new release.
    -The Starter Box will released at the same time as the Hardback Rulebook
    -The Set will include a Book called "Armies of Warhammer", this Book will handle simplified Armylists for ALL avaitable Armies.
    -Armies of Warhammer will give Player a little view of all Armies and they Units, also it will be a transitional solution for the obsolet
    Armybooks
    -Armies of Warhammer will be a part in the Hardback Rulebook
    -The Rulebook in the Set will be a simplified "Starter Rulebook"
    -A smaller complete Hardback Rulebook will released too, called "Warhammer - The Rules"

Rules
    -The ruleset will chance again, GW has recognized the last Edition was an hard inpact for sells of Warhammer products
    -The number of special rules will reduced
    -There will be no releases of Fantasy Suppliments, the books will contain more background. Page numbers up to 150 pages are possible!
    OP updated with these and more rumors collated from other threads.
    Last edited by Bigred; 09-03-2013 at 12:54 AM.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

It's consistent with the 9th edition rumours from H&H, but:
    -The ruleset will chance again, GW has recognized the last Edition was an hard inpact for sells of Warhammer products
    At least in the US WFB sales went up significantly in 8th edition according to the big retailer survey that was released a few months back.

More inclined to think this is someone jumping on the bandwagon and using some 'conventional wisdom' about low WFB sales in 8th to give it some gravitas.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

8th edition is the best yet, I love it. not keen on a lot of these rumours, we shall see I suppose. given how far away it is, will there even be any soft cover army books left to become obsolete?
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Brother-Sergeant

I have come to really enjoy 8th. So far my view of all odd numbered editions of WHFB have been terrible. I'm still debating which was worse 5th or 7th.

Chapter-Master

I started with 5th so I will always love it. 6th and 7th went too medeival, sucking all the fantasy out of the setting. 8th has put the fantasy back, giving new monsters, new magic, crazier settings, without taking the focus off the troop units.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    I started with 5th so I will always love it. 6th and 7th went too medeival, sucking all the fantasy out of the setting. 8th has put the fantasy back, giving new monsters, new magic, crazier settings, without taking the focus off the troop units.
    Agreed. Technically I started at the end of 4th edition for like 6 months but I don't rememeber it. 5th was ftw, 6th-7th not so much, It was also during 7th that WFB became relatively poor selling, dropping off the US retailers top 5 list while under 8th it is back.

8th edition has its flaws, though nothing that isn't easily houseruled, but it is at least a game of Fantasy Battles rather than Overly Technical Fantasy Skirmishes.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I still don't buy any of these. I reckon H&H are indulging in more than a little leg pulling.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

It could be it was something that was being considered or it could be the picture is very incomplete. It does seem too radical for them to consider but then GW can be quite unpredictable so whatever.

Yet in 40k, we're seeing an effort to increase the number of Codecies out there.

Why cut Fantasy out like that?

Leg = pulled, possibly dislocated. That's what I reckon!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 2 of 121 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast