BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 20 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Not sure Harry is on the right page on this one.

He's not being specific, and seems to almost be back peddling on certain stuff to make his earlier rumour seem more accurate. Makes me wonder - did he stop rumour mongering because of community hostility (plausible), because his source no longer works for GW (plausible), or a bit of both (plausible).

And let's not forget, he and another usually reliable rumour monger were giving conflicting rumours about the future of Warhammer.
    None of the above.
    Hostility: I have been called a liar, and an arrogant tw@t, etc ... so many times now it simply stops bothering me. (mostly)
    Source: Never had any source at GW. Really don't know anyone who works there that well...beyond a chat at Gamesday.
    That was never how I heard rumours.
    I simply got busy doing other things (Family, Work and Hobby) and didn't have time for rumours.
    Also, GW also stopped making metal minis and I lost the interest I had always had in what they were doing next.

I don't mean to come over as either 'all knowing' (cos i'm not') or a liar and certainly not a Tw@t.
    I see people talking about stuff and I simply post to say "ohhh ... I heard something about that"
    I guess I just come over wrong on the interwebz.
    I heard about Nagash sometime before Christmas and didn't believe it myself certainly wasn't going to post about it and be the only one saying Nagash was returning for six months. I'd have been locked up. I heard about the 'End Times' some months before that but did not know what to make of it.
    I was first posting about the changes to 9th a couple of years ago. Bols even did a round-up of things I was saying about the big changes to rules and armies in 2013 and i had been saying it for months then.
    I don't mean to come across as 'I know something you don't know'.
    I am always at lengths to say "I don't know". I only heard scraps of info.
    I am not keeping loads of information back .... I only heard scraps of info.
    I don't know exactly what is happening .... I only heard scraps of info.

Having said all that I am pretty sure that what I have been saying is somewhere close ... even if it is a bit vague.
    Last edited by Harry; 09-15-2014 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    Most of it is just throwing out every different idea for where WFB could go. That one out of about fifteen ideas in there is close to what actually is happening shouldn't be surprising. It's the old "Throw enough at a wall and something will stick" idea, combined with the whole idea of Nostradamus' prophecies: You can make any prophecy fit your current situation.

There is no skirmish, no exploring multiple points in history, stuff like that. The *only* part of that series of comments that is "accurate" is this:

"I was still left with some of the other stuff I had heard about the timeline advancing and multiple books. (Will it be two, three or four books?)"

Of course, his other comments suggest he has no idea what direction those books would have taken.

Further, he talks about them wanting to reach a point where they wouldn't have to redo the army books, then goes right into talking about combining army lists into a handful of books... which is replacing the army books, so that's a contradiction within the same post. He also says they don't want to do a completely new edition, except 9th edition is already looking like it'll be different enough we'll need new books. And he keeps going back to Skirmish, which so far we haven't seen (and I'm not so sure 9th will go in that direction after they just released a VERY large character model worth 1000 points, three large character models worth 650 points, and some large monster infantry worth 80-90 points each... all of which wouldn't fit in so well with a skirmish game, but would fit in better with larger games).

Maybe he's said some other stuff that's accurate, but I wouldn't go cheering on that post from 1/15, because it's just throwing a lot out there, in the hopes that whatever happens, he covered that base with one of many ideas. Sadly for him, he kept running back to the same idea (Skirmish) and it's not close to happening. (Ditto the idea of skipping through time with books. Advancing the timeline, yes. But everyone knew they wanted to do that, and had with 40K already.)
    That whole post needs to be read in the context of the thread in which it was written. This was part of a thread where I was chatting speculating along with everyone else. There was no attempt to make any prophecies ... or suggest that I was. There has been no attempt since to quote any part of that post or claim any 'prophecy' came true.

My problem is now I can no longer throw around ideas on a forum and just chat and speculate along with everyone else.
    Because I have got stuff right more times than not ... some folks hang on to every word I say and assume everything is a rumour however much I try to make it clear when I am speculating along with everyone else ..... and when I have heard something.
    Last edited by Harry; 09-15-2014 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    That whole post needs to be read in the context of the thread in which it was written. This was part of a thread where I was chatting speculating along with everyone else. There was no attempt to make any prophecies ... or suggest that I was. There has been no attempt since to quote any part of that post or claim any 'prophecy' came true.

My problem is now I can no longer throw around ideas on a forum and just chat and speculate along with everyone else.
    Because I have got stuff right more times than not ... some folks hang on to every word I say and assume everything is a rumour however much I try to make it clear when I am speculating along with everyone else ..... and when I have heard something.
    It seemed to me like the quoted comments were just speculating, not "this is what will happen," and I was just wondering why they're in "news and rumors" or why people are pointing out one item out of a number of them to say "Oh look, something was right!" Not meaning offense to you, it just seems people are super-eager to jump on everything, and after a while, it gets more emotion-twisting than being a fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Chapter-Master

Is that cos the owner is an idiot? He's made a right mess of Fulham FC since he bought it.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    Is that cos the owner is an idiot? He's made a right mess of Fulham FC since he bought it.
    No, it's because the prior owner was an idiot. Gave a three-year extension to the manager who'd been bungling the personnel literally the day he sold the team, so the new owner was stuck with that guy at first, plus an awful coach. Fired the coach, tried to keep on the manager (because, you know, contract... he was stuck paying him anyway), hired a new coach with the manager's "help." That coach was a horrible mess. So he figured he'd just eat the remaining contract years, fired all those guys, brought in a new coaching staff, general manager, and a guy to manage the football operations (because he was smart enough to know he can't). Spent his own money upgrading a stadium owner by the city, which now has some seriously sweet locker rooms (wish my office was that nice!), biggest video boards in the world, pools, cabanas, upgraded video strips, a nice sideline reporter, pretty much a club at the stadium, all kinds of other goodness. But it's taking time to turn around the team itself. They've done a lot of work, but they had to draft a new QB, and don't want to throw him in before he's ready (last staff did that with a guy and it was awful), so they're trying to bide their time with a pathetic player, which drags down the whole team. They have a plan, just have to have faith... but it hurts in the meantime.

I haven't followed what he's done with Fulham, so not sure of the story there. Did see them play DC United a couple months ago in a "friendly" match to celebrate the new video boards (which saw three DCU players go out with injuries, in the middle of their actual season), they looked competent, but eh, American soccer teams aren't the same as English teams.

(Sorry, folks, I'm passionate about the NFL just like I am about Warhammer. Maybe a bit more so.)

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    the important question is, where is the pie avatar?
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    No, it's because the prior owner was an idiot. Gave a three-year extension to the manager who'd been bungling the personnel literally the day he sold the team, so the new owner was stuck with that guy at first, plus an awful coach. Fired the coach, tried to keep on the manager (because, you know, contract... he was stuck paying him anyway), hired a new coach with the manager's "help." That coach was a horrible mess. So he figured he'd just eat the remaining contract years, fired all those guys, brought in a new coaching staff, general manager, and a guy to manage the football operations (because he was smart enough to know he can't). Spent his own money upgrading a stadium owner by the city, which now has some seriously sweet locker rooms (wish my office was that nice!), biggest video boards in the world, pools, cabanas, upgraded video strips, a nice sideline reporter, pretty much a club at the stadium, all kinds of other goodness. But it's taking time to turn around the team itself. They've done a lot of work, but they had to draft a new QB, and don't want to throw him in before he's ready (last staff did that with a guy and it was awful), so they're trying to bide their time with a pathetic player, which drags down the whole team. They have a plan, just have to have faith... but it hurts in the meantime.

I haven't followed what he's done with Fulham, so not sure of the story there. Did see them play DC United a couple months ago in a "friendly" match to celebrate the new video boards (which saw three DCU players go out with injuries, in the middle of their actual season), they looked competent, but eh, American soccer teams aren't the same as English teams.

(Sorry, folks, I'm passionate about the NFL just like I am about Warhammer. Maybe a bit more so.)
    Fulham had three different managers in a single season and got progressively worse under each one. He also spent £11 millions on a Greek striker they hadn't scouted and was injured. They got relegated at the end of last season and have started this one in dismal fashion. All because he got rid of the statue of Michael Jackson
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Fly Lord

Harry thanks for stopping and clarifying some items for us and I just wanted to say for the record that your efforts are appreciated.

As you say - after certain period of time, you just don't feel the barbs anymore. I just chalk it up to the internet.

-Larry
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Fly Lord

WFB 9th Edition Latest

via Steve the Warboss 11-24-2014

9th Edition Warhammer Fantasy Battles:

-One Profile for Mounted Units (like End Times units).
    -End Times was full designed for the new Edition, the Books will be 100% compatible.
    -No new Armybook releases until the New Edition is released.
    -Empire in the starter set, the opposing army is undetermined.

Fly Lord

WFB 9th Edition Latest

via Steve the Warboss 11-25-2014

-The Work on the Rules has already completed
    -Endtimes will maybe not mentioned in the Rulebook
    -The Design Studio seems working on Siege Rules for an Expansion
    -The Starter Set will return to "step by step" introduction
    -No allied Matrix like 40k, we become something like "factions"
    -GW plans the release for May, Starter will come in June