BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 52 of 121 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

This is what grates my gears...
    Imagine we are all sat in bugmans drinking beer and having this conversation.
    The group has started to take camps around those who think massive change is a foot (bold visionaries all) and those who think a more moderate tinkering to the system is likely (the flat earth brigade).
    It's all going swimmingly when Mr Mystery slams down his fruit shoot, clambers onto the bench to look me in the eye and delivers his liar liar your pants are on fire speech. Stunned silence, a chuckle into a beer glass, sidewise glances , perhaps a slap to the forehead. Chaps, it wouldn't happen in real life because we have manners and a general fear of looking a **** and getting a bloody nose ! So don't behave like it on a forum. It's rude.
    RUDE

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Trojan66 View Post
    The group has started to take camps around those who think massive change is a foot (bold visionaries all) and those who think a more moderate tinkering to the system is likely (the flat earth brigade).
    It's all going swimmingly when Mr Mystery slams down his fruit shoot, clambers onto the bench to look me in the eye and delivers his liar liar your pants are on fire speech. Stunned silence, a chuckle into a beer glass, sidewise glances , perhaps a slap to the forehead. Chaps, it wouldn't happen in real life because we have manners and a general fear of looking a **** and getting a bloody nose ! So don't behave like it on a forum. It's rude.
    RUDE
    Trojan, I wouldn't let him bother yout, rest assured that most forumites make their own decisions
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Brother-Captain

RUDE
    Yeah seems to be a bit of an issue for a small number of vocal posters, they claim to want discussion but seem to think that means tell you what they think and then trying to discredit you rather than having an exchange of ideas. Don't let the b*****ds grind you down.

Chapter-Master

I like the fact that people who are being cautious are somehow 'flat earthers' rather than, you know, sensible people for waiting to see what happens rather than leaping all over scraps thrown out by somebody with no history.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    I like the fact that people who are being cautious are somehow 'flat earthers' rather than, you know, sensible people for waiting to see what happens rather than leaping all over scraps thrown out by somebody with no history.
    No kirsten we arent going to let you twist this one.

Trojan released a rumour. The community is smart enough to judge said rumour on each persons choice.
    I dont exactly believe him myself. (Sorry trojan) but im not going to go on a frothing rant attacking him let alone his post just because he has no history. Ill leave that to your persuasion.

Oh and the only people losing their cool or acting on his post are those that attacked him for it so yeah whose over reacting about a forum post again?

Edit: has anyone else found it odd that certain people post loudly and constantly about how they cant stand people discussing rumours.....in a rumour thread....about rumours...under discussion?

Edit2: of course if this is proved false and he tries again then im all for shredding him
    Last edited by daboarder; 04-14-2015 at 03:03 AM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

I do have to admit, I'm not keen on the claims that those who assume the system is going to have a massive overhaul are "bold visionaries" and those who think it'd just be enough of a change to make it more viable for small scale games are "flat earthers" (i.e. people who don't believe in new data even when it's undeniably right because they're afraid of change).

While I'm somewhat in the middle, so don't really get either label, it's not right to label people in a manner that is offensive (and meant to be so) just to claim you're on the right side of things.

These are all rumors. No one knows what's going to happen. Those who believe a certain type of rumor aren't better than others who believe a different type of rumor. You are not a "bold visionary" because you think a game is going to be changed a lot. You are also not an ostrich if you're realistic in believing a game wouldn't completely throw 30 years of development out the window.

Librarian

RUDE
    Yes yes Trojo, but are your pants actually on fire...?
    "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"

It's the internet? Who cares what anyone else thinks? It's all he said/she said until the book comes out.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    I do have to admit, I'm not keen on the claims that those who assume the system is going to have a massive overhaul are "bold visionaries" and those who think it'd just be enough of a change to make it more viable for small scale games are "flat earthers" (i.e. people who don't believe in new data even when it's undeniably right because they're afraid of change).

While I'm somewhat in the middle, so don't really get either label, it's not right to label people in a manner that is offensive (and meant to be so) just to claim you're on the right side of things.

These are all rumors. No one knows what's going to happen. Those who believe a certain type of rumor aren't better than others who believe a different type of rumor. You are not a "bold visionary" because you think a game is going to be changed a lot. You are also not an ostrich if you're realistic in believing a game wouldn't completely throw 30 years of development out the window.
    Seconded. The idea that people who choose to believe some of the more wild rumours flying about are somehow the enlightened minds amongst us is frankly laughable. In the absence of anything resembling evidence, everything posted on here is a rumour, nothing more, nothing less. Believe whatever you want about them. When we have facts, the time for belief will be done, but until then, all positions are valid.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

For the record, in case anyone is interested, I do call people liar to their face, and have done so on many, many occasions.

Why? Because pointless lies like yours are designed to sell aggrandise at the expense of playing others for fools.

I like a shaggy dog story as much as the next person. I like speculation. But yeah, I draw the line at people claiming insider knowledge who can even keep their story straight.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks