BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 69 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119 ... LastLast

Spray or pots?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Spray or pots?
    It would be the pots. Kind of like how Abaddon Black used to be Chaos Black before the added the spray can. They're just going to rename leadbelcher.

Chaplain

Both, he ran out of sprays and wanted more and was told that not only is he not getting any but to send back his pots as well.
    Step forth and be recognized.
    No mercy. No pity. No hope.

Hmm....odd, given its an important colour.

Could be a dodgy batch being returned?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Captain

Name change? May be for IP reasons, could Leadbelchers be first for the chop? No way they're getting rid of what is essentially boltgun metal, I mean what will Necron players do?

As an aside anyone else getting really excited about the rumoured revamp, honestly I think I'm going to be more upset if there isn't a mass overhaul, I just hope GW has the minerals it's about bleeding time (I've been playing since third)

Leadbelcher would be an odd color to remove...

Not "excited" at the moment, but mainly because I'm likely going to have to hunt down bases for some of my armies to keep using them, at least for larger stuff (I think I have enough smaller square bases for now). I don't know what they're going to do with the game, so I can't see myself being "excited" until I do. Taking a classic game that's 30 years old and turning it into a completely different style of game just because of a few issues they could have easily resolved isn't something that makes me giddy. It smacks of Blizzard's whole issue with swinging a pendulum too far in making a change... in this case they swung the pendulum so far it broke.

Might be a fun game, don't know yet. But there's too much uncertainty currently. I just hope we don't get a Warhammer world version of WarmaHordes or Malifaux.

Brother-Captain

That last sentence is my only fear about the situation but I'm a glass half full kind of bloke so I'm suppressing in deep deep down at the moment 😳

We won't.

There's no reason to do put that sort of mechanics based limitation on the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    We won't.

There's no reason to do put that sort of mechanics based limitation on the game.
    I like both those games, so I'm not knocking them, and they're fun to play. But if - and this is just "if" because we keep getting conflicting rumors so I'm taking it as we don't know what's going to happen - IF GW tried to copy the success of games like that with Warhammer by changing to that style game, it'll feel like such a huge change that it'll be hard to think of it as Warhammer any more. Heck, just moving to round bases, which doesn't really make sense, especially if there's rules to rank models, which isn't easy to do with round bases... and sure, you could say they sell ranking bases, which then lets the cynics note that it's a way for them to make more money, but let's skip the greed aspect and move right to how it creates potential balance issues in-game when you have current units on 20mm bases meaning more of them could get into combat, and then also how would you determine who's in combat when it gets to be a close call and you don't have base corners to check?

I'm not trying to go all negative, just saying that I can't be "excited" when I have no idea what's going to happen and whether my existing collection from over 20 years of collecting (personally) will work smoothly with the rules or I'll be having to replace everything.

I'm not good at jumping on hype trains of any sort. :-P

Warhammer just needs to replicate its previous success.

Malifamahordes barely touches the sides in the UK. There most certainly are those who play it, but they're relatively few and far between. Ditto Infinity.

Can't speak for the U.S., but in my experience it's very rare to find a gamer of any stripe who hasn't played Warhammer at some point.