BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 19 of 48 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

I've a feeling the battery guns are a dual kit with the buggies, all it needs is a driver gunner and rear axle

Also I see the end of a kustom blasta beside the mega nob so at the least I reckon it means mega armor Mek but might mean new wargear
    Last edited by buggle; 06-01-2014 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Gargoyle View Post
    Houghton, you are the first guy that I saw use Flash Gitz in the current dex. Why would you? Anything they could do Lootas did better, at 60% of the base cost of the Gitz. Though Lootas did not have eavy armour, they could mob up to 15 boys which gave you fearless for a round or two. Not so with gitz who would drop and run after 3 kills, feel no pain or not. I am sure you have done the comparisons on the rest of it.
    Reason number one why I would: I don't just have one list that I run over and over. I've got green tides, I've got dread mobz, I've got speed freeks. Sometimes I want to play "Nobs and Bosses", a list where the only Boyz to be seen are driving the Battlewagons. Sometimes I want to play "Dead Shooty," where I take Lootas and Flash Gitz. Sometimes I just don't have any Elites slots left over for Lootas because I filled them all with Burna Boyz and Kommandos.

Reason number two why I would: there are still two things that they do better than Lootas. One is killing Space Marines. Orks are somewhat light on AP3, but APd6 is AP3 or better 50% of the time and taking Blasta improves that to 67%. Getting gitfindas amended to Ignore Cover made this even better. The other is fighting. They may be a shooty unit but they still have a Nob's statline. If they get charged, they can hold their own long enough for the Stormboyz to show up, whereas Lootas crumple like a rammed Trukk if they didn't roll a 3 on the d3 for their Overwatch. Assault weapons instead of Heavy also mean they can charge what they shot at, which is handy if a couple of the Marines survived and you need to beat them to death so you can get on with shooting something else next turn.

Reason number three why I would: same as Pyrovores - because everybody and his grot thinks they're rubbish. They get laughed at and overlooked and then they sneak up and vaporise a Devastator squad and suddenly nobody's laughing any more except me, but it's too late because whoops, that was all the heavy bolters, whatcha gonna kill 'em with now? (Admittedly sometimes the answer is "a demolisher cannon," but that's got to decide target priority if I've got any deffrollas left on the board, because guess where they're headed...)

Reason number four why I would: because dead's dead, so dat don't count, an' if I runs away I can come back for anuvver go, see? Winning has never been my main priority when playing 40k; it's all about having fun and acting Orky. Mathammering out the exact percentage that Lootas are more point-efficient than Flash Gitz is mukkin' about, wastin' time I could be using to build anuvver Looted Wagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Gargoyle View Post
    That said, did you use them much and how well did they work out? My Orks took up a position behind the display case glass when the last dex came in. There they made effigies of Phil Kelly and attempted to blot him out of time and space. Apparently it does not work on earth because of the influence of the Golden Throne.
    I use 'em a fair bit, especially in Nob-heavy games. I usually attach a Warboss to help with the Leadership issue; he's Ld9 instead of 7 and can take a bosspole (that'll be 5 points I don't need to spend in the new codex though). Even then, I don't think my Flash Gitz have won me many games; hell, the Shokk Attack Gun rolling double 6s has probably won me more games than the Gitz have. But they're far from useless and they're fun.

Quote Originally Posted by buggle View Post
    I've a feeling the battery guns are a dual kit with the buggies, all it needs is a driver gunner and rear axle
    I think you're right, because at first glance I thought they were buggies. I think the rumoured "grot buggies" are actually the big gunz.

The Big Gunz are probably like the eldar support weapons- single gun kit with 3 weapon options and crew. I'd say 3-4 gretchin, and possibly that Mek is included.

I have to ask you all a question: in issue 18 White dwarf, on page 25 there's rules for the Gorkanaut. In the picture, under the walker's Deffstorm mega-shoota there appears to be a cybork of some sort. He has tubes going in his mouth and nose, part of his skull seem metal and he's got a buzzsaw arm. This one, is he made of current bitz or is it new parts?

He's straight out of the Nobz kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    Thank you for clearing it out.

Cheers.

No problem, and welcome to the Lounge!

Quote Originally Posted by Power Klawz View Post
    Uhm... that's the old Big mek with SAG. He's even hoovering up snotlings. I don't see anything new in that pic other than the gorkanauts.

I have most of the minis in that pic and I haven't bought a new ork mini since they released the new deff dredds. That meganob is definitely old.

Those big guns look like conversions using trukk parts. That other mek is a conversion using a painboy arm. Or it might be from the cybork bits in the current nobz unit. Hard to tell with the angle and resolution.
    That's not the current SAG.. I have it as well.. the snotling getting sucked up is in a different pose, the energy is sculpted onto the spinny gubbin instead of the wires, the spinny bit is slightly different on the "arms" going up to the orbs, the head is different, the expression on the Big Mek's face is slightly different, and the tubing on the SAG is entirely different.

The big guns are NOT Trukk conversions.. they all have the same front plate.. and that front plate is not the one from the Trukk kit. The tires are entirely different (though similar.. but look at the hubs and count the number of plates on the tire part), and the armor panel that you probably assume is the panel from the trukk kit, is in fact the wrong shape and size and is also sporting a different set of details entirely.

The face on the Meganob is not one we've seen in a kit, nor is his Gob piece. The other bits are a little too generic to tell one way or another, but the shoulder pieces strike me as different enough to possibly be a new plastic.

If you're going to dismiss things and try to sound like an authority..
    A) realize that there are people out there with more than 10k of orks, who have gone so far as to learn to speak ork.. meaning you're not the only one making informed observations
    B) actually look up the things you're comparing. The bits you're claiming are just conversions are only mildly similar.. once you examine closer you realize there are differences and that they are repeated.. which typically means it's from a kit.

We can argue over this but that would be silly since these releases will be out soon and one of us or the other will look foolish at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    The buzzsaw arm in the Nob kit is on the other arm..

Chapter-Master

No Sir, I don't buy it.

Sounds like someone tried to 40kificate a Warhammer rule, and did so very badly.
    Half of 6th and 7th has been the Fantis-ification of 40k.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Page 19 of 48 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast