BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 27 of 48 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    One of [URL="http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Faeit212/~3/7OZbPEJ1LOc/next-weeks-pre-orders-revealed.html"]Gary's[/URL] commenters says:
    Orks Week 4
    It's faeit, and promising twice as much in a single week as we have been seeing so far. Probably safe to ignore that rumor.

Veteran-Sergeant

So, a comment on a site with a really poor recent history is worth believing over the official publication?

The Big Gunz are up ... and they seem to be separate kits.. GW just actively gave the finger to everyone hoping to score some big gunz for conversion..

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lawler View Post
    The Big Gunz are up ... and they seem to be separate kits.. GW just actively gave the finger to everyone hoping to score some big gunz for conversion..
    Nah, it's just the way GW arranges models on the new site. Displaying every unit entry as opposed to just the kits. If you look in the description of any of the new gunz it says the following at the bottom:

This multi-part plastic kit makes one of four possible Mek Gunz and has a six-strong grot crew. It can be assembled as a bubblechukka, a smasha gun, a traktor kannon or a kustom mega-kannon.
    Although unfortunately the old weapon options don't appear to be available in the kit, but nothing an Ork player can't smash together.

Yeah, it's not like we don't have spare Kannons, Zzap Gunz and Lobbas off our Battlewagons and that's before you get into the possibility of looting or scratchbuilding them.

Yeah, I was in a rush and missed that. I hope they keyed the mounting points for the Mek Gunz the same way as the plastic Big Gunz from the Battlewagon kit. Or that they are at least roughly the same size. I don't mind converting mind you, but being able to swap them all out super easily would be even better.

Well, even discounting the lobba, which has a completely different method of attachment than the kannon or zzap gun... no, it's not going to be a super-easy hot-swap. If you look at the sprues you can see that the four different gunz are all based around the same central core - a sort of cone thing with rings around it. In its middle bit the core has a hole through it where it attaches to the base of the gun; the kannon and zzap gun have pegs instead of a hole.

I'm gonna do it.

Going Green, starting on 23rd June!

And as I'm up Nottingham early July, might just nab me a Megadredd.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Also, Big Mek with Kustom Force Field, no longer up on the GW site.....
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

FYI, The Flashgitz only actually come with the 5 gun arms if you didn't look at the sprues.. so yeah.. there's that..

EDIT: I meant to say 5.. don't know why I typed 3
    Last edited by Mike Lawler; 06-14-2014 at 04:34 PM.

Page 27 of 48 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast