BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 21 of 48 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Baron - House Descanso

Hi!
    It is my imagination or...are few things this weekend for orkz?
    [url]http://descansodelescriba.blogspot.com/2014/06/ultima-horaportada-de-la-wdw-19precios.html[/url]
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g8/AGRAMAR/astartes/thump_24723461234517490107vr7.gif

Battle-Brother

Wot no eavy armour or painboy?! Ladz we's gonna die in droves.

Think i'll stick with lootas for firepower unless they get nerfed in the new codex. I will still probably buy the kit though just for all the great parts. Looking forward to seeing more of the big guns kits and find out whether there are any more options for it.
    Last edited by Bambi; 06-05-2014 at 02:46 PM.

That conversion with the nob big choppa on the flashgit body is amazing. Now I'll have to buy like four boxes of the darned things for bits.

Also a little napkin math based on what we (presumably) know about gitz and the old (presumably unchanged...) profiles for their major rivals. The following will be minimum (5 models) sized gitz units against approximately points equivalent lootas and shoota boys.

Sationary Gitz VS. MEQ: 3.33 average kills per round of shooting. (5 when rolling 3 or less for ap, 1.67 when rolling 4+)
    Moving Gitz: 2.22 average kills per round of shooting
    Shoota boyz (18): 2 average kills per round of shooting
    Lootas (7): 1.3 average kills per round of shooting

So, killier per point than both shoota boyz and lootas, and potentially way killier when they roll 3 or under.

Against TEQ

Stationary gitz: 1.66 average kills per round (3.33 when rolling 2 or under for ap, and considering no stormshields)
    Moving Gitz: 1.11 average kills per round (2.22 when ap2 or 1)
    Shoota Boyz: 1 average kill per round
    Lootas: 0.65 average kills per round

again, killier per point, obviously the averages are pulled upwards by lucky ap rolls.

In terms of survivability, shoota boyz are the clear winner with 18 individual single wound models. Lootas are the losers with only 7 (although against strenght 8+ shooting they'd be more survivable than the gitz.) Gitz are somewhere in the middle with 10 wounds, although with a particular weakness to high strength shooting.

Gitz also have access to ammo runts, which may do something different in the new edition or be exactly the same (basically, twin link the shooters gun for one shot per game.) They're 3 points each and each git can take one. If they allow you to twin link then you could end up with something like...

Stationary Gitz w/ammo runts vs MEQ: 4.44 average kills per round (50% chance to kill 6.66) note: this would use up all 5 ammo runts
    Stationary Gitz w/ammo runts vs TEQ: 2.22 average kills per round (33% chance to kill 4.44)

considering that 5 ammo runts would cost you 15 points, you'd get 1 more loota or 3 more shoota boyz. At this level the shoota boyz would just about be at parity with non-stationary gitz against both MEQ and TEQ targets, the lootas would still lag behind.

Its also interesting to note that the AP determination roll is made right after the target is selected, but before you roll to hit. This means you don't have to waste your runts on a high AP volley, but when you roll that lucky ap2 shot against a unit of terminators you can go all out. Statistically they are the killiest mid to long range anti MEQ/TEQ infantry in the list as far as I can tell, with the potential to roll low ap and throw down a bucket of hate. They do, however, lack somewhat in the survivability category and would be dependent on strong cover saves to stick around. (which would be in keeping with their implied defensive application anyways.)

Crazy thought: If they, for some reason, made ammo runts non-disposable and just made them twin link weapons for the whole game then Gitz would be unbelievably amazing. No way that's going to happen though. Although 3 points for a single reroll seems overly steep to me, especially for low bs units like orks.
    Last edited by Power Klawz; 06-05-2014 at 03:18 PM.

Oh man.. that's funny.. for a minute I thought you said $53.. oh man..

oh wait..

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lawler View Post
    Oh man.. that's funny.. for a minute I thought you said $53.. oh man..

oh wait..
    I'd love to gripe about it (and I suppose I should), but it's about on par with a box of plastic Terminators, and with likely more parts and larger models. The main problem is that they're half the points of Terminators, so you need more of them. But that's Orks for you.

That's really the problem with Orks: if they cost the same in cash per model as other armies, you're going to shell out a LOT more cash for an army because you need a lot more Boyz.

Quote Originally Posted by Gir View Post
    In case it hasn't been said yet: Next week is Flash Gitz only. It is a single kit (It doesn't make any other choices). $71AUD, can't remember for other currencies.
    So I was spot on when I said that the rumour that the Gitz would share a kit with the Kommandoes and Tankbusters was tottal bunk because tehy don't share any visual cues beyond being Orks I was right?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Boofhead View Post
    So I was spot on when I said that the rumour that the Gitz would share a kit with the Kommandoes and Tankbusters was tottal bunk because tehy don't share any visual cues beyond being Orks I was right?
    I think everyone who thought about it could figure that one out, since Flash Gitz are basically Nobz and the others are just Boyz. There's no way that would have worked unless the Flash Gitz had become Boyz.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    I think everyone who thought about it could figure that one out, since Flash Gitz are basically Nobz and the others are just Boyz. There's no way that would have worked unless the Flash Gitz had become Boyz.
    To be fair, here, there was no guarantee that the Flash Gitz would stay Nob-sized in the new book. Their 'biggerizing' was something of a random upgrade thrown their way in the last book. There was also the possibility that both Tankbusters and Kommandoz wouldn't remain the size of a normal Lad...

Still, glad things turned out like they did. There's some amazing dual kits out there, but they're just as often confused messes that make too many design compromises for the sake of packaging efficiency. Tho, funny enough, I think the Flash Gitz would've worked well as a combo-box with regular Nobz.

Fly Lord

via [URL="http://www.beastsofwar.com"]Beasts of War[/URL]:
    Rumors of upcoming Ork formations/rules:
    Formation - 'ork warband' - warboss, mek, unit of nobs, six boys mobs, one unit of grots. Gives Boss of the Waaagh! Greenskin Hordes and Stampede rules.

Boss of the Waaagh! Lets you re-roll your warlord trait if taken as a primary detachment.

Greenskin Hordes. "Evey unit with ten or more models in the detachment gains the Hammer of Wrath special rule... and in every assault phase in which is successfuly charges an enemy unit the dice rolled for it's charge range in ten or more before modifers..." The wording here is confusing; not sure if it means that Hammer of Wrath only works if you roll ten or more, or if there was another rule which got cut out.

Stampede! If the formation's warboss is your warlord, he can use his Waaagh! special rule each and every turn after the first. This implies that warbosses have a special rule called 'Waaagh!' which usually can't be used every turn.

Detachment 'ork horde'. HQ, three troops, elite, fast attack, heavy support, fortification and Lord of War. Gives Greenskin Hordes and Boss of the Waaagh! Not sure if 'elite, fast attack and heavy support' was meant to mean one of each is compulsory.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Brother-Sergeant

I thought "more dakka" was the only real rule orks had.

Page 21 of 48 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast