BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

I would have to agree that the only way a Grot Boss would work is if the army was only Gretchin or there was also another HQ that was an Ork and the Grot couldn't be the warlord. But I can't help but feel that a better possibility than having a Grot HQ is bringing back Zodgrod and his super-grotz.
    Richard | Co-Host: Preferred Enemies Podcast | www.preferredenemies.com

just sayin'... I think the idea of a Grot force would be funny as hell, and that my wife would probably got onboard if they did one...

Librarian

The Big Nobz Mob rules sound like they'd be an enormous, overcomplicated pain in the tuckus, but that's 6th Ed wound allocation for ya.

Everything sounds fun as all hell, though - especially a big fan of the Rokkit Boost idea, which might be the single Orkiest special rule I've ever heard of. Here's hoping that there's some solid foundation to these rumors.

Librarian

That Nob unit sounds ridiculous. That wouldn't bog the game down at all.

Cheaper Boyz? Lord I hope not. What are they now, 8 pts with 2 attacks, t4 and furious charge? Lose an attack and Furious charge and maybe being cheaper makes sense.

Rumours sound wishy washy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalleron View Post
    That Nob unit sounds ridiculous. That wouldn't bog the game down at all.

Cheaper Boyz? Lord I hope not. What are they now, 8 pts with 2 attacks, t4 and furious charge? Lose an attack and Furious charge and maybe being cheaper makes sense.

Rumours sound wishy washy.
    6pts for a bog standard boy (ws4 bs2 2atk s3 t4 6+ furious charge). Bog standard boy can either have choppa/slugga (pistol and +1 atk) or shoota (assault 2 18")

By far the best most cost effective troop imho. I agree they dont need a pts reduction. Itd be nice to see, but they dont need it

The cheaper boys comment gives the whole thing away, whoever is posting these things is getting trolled so hard.

Librarian

I sure hope its a troll.

I remembering being amazed when I saw the stats for a boy when they came out. Such a deal. Forget the point cost though, thx.

Quote Originally Posted by Power Klawz View Post
    The cheaper boys comment gives the whole thing away, whoever is posting these things is getting trolled so hard.
    5 point slugga/choppa boy, 6 point shoota boy could work if they also dropped base attack by 1 and added Rage USR.

Occuli Imperator

Of course cheaper boyz would leave a big problem, I would need to paint more of them! Green Tide FTW!
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Quote Originally Posted by MajorWesJanson View Post
    5 point slugga/choppa boy, 6 point shoota boy could work if they also dropped base attack by 1 and added Rage USR.
    I don't think making ork boys even more dependent on getting the charge off would bode well for orks overall. Overwatch all ready gave them a fat lip, not having the flexibility to take a charge with shoota boys and still pump out a respectable number of attacks would make it much more difficult to hold objectives in my estimation. What you end up with is an overall nerf for no particular reason, its not like your standard boy is overpowered. They die about as fast as guardsmen.

Want to make choppas more desirable? Give them an ap value. Probably something like ap5/4 on the charge. It's not going to make them all MEQ killers, but anything less than that is going to have a real bad day. Would probably warrant a points increase though. 7 point boys don't seem unreasonable, although more expensive infantry is not something GW seems keen on doing ever.

Khorne berserkers pay 3 points for chain axes, but that's on a WS5 power armored platform, and its always ap4. Making the ap4 dependent on the charge combined with the much lower survivability and accuracy of an ork would probably only warrant a 1 point cost.
    Last edited by Power Klawz; 03-15-2013 at 03:18 PM.

Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast