BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

the book you want is #20, your memory has mixed the 4 stories, but the angel is mentioned multiple times across at least 2 of the stories.

20. The Primarchs

The Primarchs is a compilation of four novellas by different authors, each story starring one of the "sons" of the Emperor.[78] The novellas further develop these characters, who make multiple appearances in the Series: following the Dropsite Massacre (Book 5), Fulgrim, perversely empowered by his own corruption, reveals his true nature and future plans to top officers of his compromised Legion; during a Great Crusade campaign against the enigmatic Eldar, Ferrus Manus, already beset by unsettling dreams, is subjected by alien sorcerers to stark, portendous visions and warnings about his future and role in the soon to be revealed Heresy; with Horus' rebellion in full swing after the events of Isstvan V, a suspicious and isolated Lion El'Jonson accepts the newly revealed realities of the Warp and decides on an independent course of action for the Dark Angels in the unfolding conflict; around the same time, and plotting a typically indecipherable course in the expanding war, the twinned Primarch of the Alpha Legion is involved in a unique counterintelligence operation that extends the Legion's customary deceptions inwards.[79]

I am praising your graces right now, Mathhammer. Thank you for that reference!
    Now I gotta reread The Primarchs, and relate those stories to this ENTIRE honkin big book on the subject.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by mathhammer View Post
    Also how did Fabius make it from the sick bay on one ship to the sick bay on the other ship?
    (Yhea I know i my verbage is off leaving it vague on purpose.)

I'm confused about his escape as well

Ok, up to page 320 now.

*****************************SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS****************************************** ******************************************

I like the brief origin story of Fulgrim. I am wondering the book is that Corvyn had: from the description it almost sounds like the COdex Astartes, or maybe the Lectitio Divinatus, but both of those books came after the primarchs had matured.
    Any hints as to what this book may have been?

Also, I would love some feedback on the art references in my original post (the artwork hanging around Perturabo's fortress).

And finally, who was this 'Firenzii' polymath that taught Perturabo everything he knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Clewz View Post
    I'm confused about his escape as well
    I think one of his "servants" picked him up and ran with him. (if this is the part I'm thinking of)
    I'm thinking it'd probably turn out more like Daleks playing Quiddich. "It is the Potter!! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! " (someone I know on twitter)

Up to page 366

*******************SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS****************************************** *********************

I AM REALLY DIGGING Kroeger's descent to Khorne, freakin cool. Especially his flashbacks through the Mongol horde, WWI (where, holy F'ING CRAP! Oll Persson makes an appearance).

A little confused about the Harkor/Kroeger/Toramino thing though, in the scene where Harkor and Toramino fake the X Legion radio signals to send Kroeger running to Perturabo. I assumed Toramino was going to try and kill Kroeger with shelling, but then the scenes skip around, Kroeger is in the sepulcher with Perturabo (and Harkor, somehow, is there), and Toramino bombs the crap out of the base where Forrix is for some reason.
    For that matter, where IS the X Legion who have been lying in wait?

All very kind of confusing right now.

And I would still love to discuss the referneces made to the artwork in Perturabo's labyrinth bunker (one of which I am sure was a fresco of the Last Supper).

SO right now it's not making a whole hell of a lot a sense.

Just checking in to clear out the cobwebs and chase away the crickets.

Still hoping to keep the convo going!

Just finished it a few minutes ago. That was a weird ending. (in all ways)
    I'm thinking it'd probably turn out more like Daleks playing Quiddich. "It is the Potter!! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! " (someone I know on twitter)

right man?

******************************************spoilers spoilers spoilers****************************************** ************************************************** *********

So, Fabius created the gene-seed for Honsou? But in the Iron Warriors omnibus its' repeatedly mentioned that Honsou had both iron warrior and imperial fist gene-seed. UNLESS the gene-seed Lucius found was for the 'Honourable Soulaka (sp?)

*****spoiler*****

You know you like Raven Guard a bit too much when you read about ShadowKrynn kicking Lucius's ***.

Why does my local GW not have Deliverance Lost in stock

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast