BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Grand Provost Marshal

Default Project Log: Army of Kislev

I might as well start one of these, to keep track of my progress and to have somewhere to post pictures as I go along.

I have collected Kislevite miniatures since...5th edition? Maybe 4th? By now I have many dozens of them, but have yet to actually assemble them because of one reason or another. However, I have always longed to assemble and paint my Kislevites as a force for the table-top, and at long last (and taking a cue from WarMaster), I am going to finish my army in the Counts-as Empire fashion.

My goals are pretty simple: make an awesome looking Kislev Army, and assemble them such that I can run them as an Empire army. Core ideas include:

Winged Lancers - Generic Knights will have to do.
    Gryphon Legion - Inner Circle or Reiksguard Knights should suffice.
    Ungol Horsemen - Pistoliers can stand-in for shield-wielding, recurve-bow-wielding horse archers.
    Champions of Ursun - Demigriffs are nice stand-ins for gigantic bear cavalry, and I have a bunch of models collected for just such an occurrence (and Theodore Bruckner is a great Tzar Boris stand-in).
    Kislevite War Wagon - The Steamtank is an ok stand-in, but the Marienburg Landship is perfect for what I'm going for.

Misc. - I need to figure out what my Kossars will be (maybe skirmishing Archers?), and how I'll create a decent block of infantry to field as my core unit.

This is mostly a hobby project, and isn't exactly intended to produce the most competitive list possible. That said, any ideas on how to make this list effective are welcome.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Faultie; 03-14-2013 at 01:15 AM.

Grand Provost Marshal

Yes, I know it's been forever since I updated. Apologies.

For anybody that still cares, I've made some progress on planning the army list, and gathering what I'll need to pull it of. First up, the list:

Erengrad Ranging Pulk - 1500
    Heroes: 207pts
    Battle Wizard (92) - [Ice Witch]
    +Warhorse
    +Magic Item (15pts)

Captain of the Empire (115) - [Boyar]
    +Lance, Plate, Shield, Barded Horse, BSB
    Note: Rides with Inner Circle Knights

Core: 415pts
    Inner Circle Knights x14 (415) - [Gryphon Legion]
    +Full Command
    +Steel Standard

Special: 578pts
    Demigryph Knights x6 (378) - [Sons of Ursun]
    +Full Command
    +Halberds

Pistoliers x5 (100) - [Ungol Horse Archers]
    +Musician

Huntsmen x10 (100) - [Kossar Scouts]
    +Tracker, Musician

Rare: 300pts
    Marienburg Landship (300) - [War Wagon]

-------------------

I'm starting at 1500pts, just to give myself something realistic to work towards. I'm not sure how effective the list will be, but it uses models I've got access to, and gives me a lot of fun conversion projects. Speaking of conversion projects, my bears ready to go. I was considering using them as mounts (perhaps for Reiksguard Knights), but for now they're just going to be unit-filler models (each one taking up about 4-6 small bases when I decide to field infantry blocks, or 2x cavalry bases if I need to beef out a lancer unit).

I hope to really get into this project now that it's the summer and my work travel slows a bit. I hope to have more to show soon!
    Last edited by Faultie; 07-02-2013 at 11:24 AM.

Grand Provost Marshal

Started working on the models for the Sons of Ursun. Lots of work, and not a lot to show for it.

Guy on top is an old mini, but sorta gives a good idea of how it'll look.

Grand Provost Marshal

And here he is basecoated. They're going to be white (polar) bears, with red paw prints on their faces (like [URL="http://castlecrashers.wikia.com/wiki/Bear"]these guys[/URL]).

Yes, that's a full chariot base. I need to acquire some of the 50x75mm monstrous cavalry bases.

Chapter-Master

looks really good, I love seeing kislev armies
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Grand Provost Marshal

I'm in the middle of moving, so not a lot of progress to show, but I did at least assemble and convert 3 bears for the Sons of Ursun. Primed and ready to paint!

Where are those bears from? Love them!
    http://miteyheroes.blogspot.com/ - My 40k Blog: Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperial Guard Grots, Conversions, Battle Reports and more.

Grand Provost Marshal

Quote Originally Posted by miteyheroes View Post
    Where are those bears from? Love them!
    They're from Mierce Miniatures. The full model is [URL="http://www.mierce-miniatures.com/index.php?act=pro&pre=mrm_dkl_fmr_blr_wld_101_000"]here[/URL]:

The rider is significantly bigger than 28mm (he'd be large for a Chaos Knight Lord), but the bear is perfect for my purposes (provided I fill in the cuts, spines, etc.)

I'm sure that you already have enough knights. But if not...

[url]http://www.warlordgames.com/27299/new-polish-winged-hussars/[/url]
    http://miteyheroes.blogspot.com/ - My 40k Blog: Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperial Guard Grots, Conversions, Battle Reports and more.

Grand Provost Marshal

Quote Originally Posted by miteyheroes View Post
    I'm sure that you already have enough knights. But if not...

[url]http://www.warlordgames.com/27299/new-polish-winged-hussars/[/url]
    I have seen these guys before, but I've always wondered how they'd look next to the WHFB originals (both the older Winged Lancers and the newer Gryphon Legion). The only non-GW lancers I have are a few from DwarfTales Miniatures (before it closed), and a few coming in from the Torn World Kickstarter. I may need more some day, so good to know those guys are there.

Thanks for the link!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast