BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Reading the front page article there are a couple of things we need to know before the panic, nerdrage and threats of self immolation start:

a) Is this US only? The article mentions the online sales cart thing which seems only to be in the US.
    b) Is this limited to bits only or are ALL online sales affected?
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Ok, well I'm an independant EU retailer, and haven't received any such policy change information yet. Either it's because it's weekend here, as I write this, or it's a US-only thing.

It's probably because you're all a bunch of dirty Yanks who don't support your local stores and live off the interwebs.

(j/k)

Pualjc, I think EU competition laws may have something to say about this which is why you may not have had the email

EU competition laws have nothing on this, plenty of national regulation on it though. Have any retailers check whats what with GW by phone?

Edit.
    This seems like a US only thing, not interested.
    Last edited by Renegade; 03-16-2013 at 06:25 AM.

The Scandinavian rep will be calling me sometime next week. I'll ask and see what blurb she has to say.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by pauljc View Post
    Ok, well I'm an independant EU retailer, and haven't received any such policy change information yet. Either it's because it's weekend here, as I write this, or it's a US-only thing.

It's probably because you're all a bunch of dirty Yanks who don't support your local stores and live off the interwebs.

(j/k)
    Like many jokes this one is pretty accurate

This is a US only and this ONLY for Stores That Buy Directly form GW.

This does not effect the Bitzbarn.com as we are Not a GW store. we buy form other sources. This is them Upset they are not capturing 100% of all sales that our out there. Greed and belief that this hurts the Hobby. Dumb Headed.

We are still selling and restocking
    Last edited by TheBitzBarn; 03-16-2013 at 07:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBitzBarn View Post

This does not effect the Bitzbarn.com as we are Not a GW store. we buy form other sources. This is them Upset they are not capturing 100% of all sales that our out there. Greed and belief that this hurts the Hobby. Dumb Headed.

Good to hear. You just started getting more of my purchases on general principle.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBitzBarn View Post

IDK, at least you can be sure that your not buying sweatshop, and that they have to conform to environmentally friendly regulations.

A purchase with a clear conscience, which is more than one can say if they drink Coca cola.

[url]https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2zne5ewd4fBemhzRE5KM3BlUGs/edit?usp=sharing[/url]

Tried uploading to google docs. Let me know if it worked.

This should link to the pdf that got sent out DELIBERATELY at the end of the day, after most retailer offices were closed.

This is far more wide reaching than just effecting the bitz policy.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast