BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Im in New Zealand
    Im in a good job on good money
    In saying that I cant justify paying thousands of $ for little plastic men
    We get ripped off here big time paying way for my minis.

I'm buying from Ebay and other sellers for cheaper overseas if I do
    although US postage seems to be going up and up
    If i cant get it i go without and I note I spend more time playing PC games than gaming now as a result.
    Like other companies I've seen as soon as they get shares listed they charge more and more trying to get a better return for investors
    gone from a gaming company to an basically a money making corporation

The currency thing is an issue but that can be sorted through careful marketing and pricing for local stores.
    If products were sold cheap and reasonable and locally available people wouldn't be buying from overseas.
    Its at unrealistic price levels and has been for some time. That's what drives buying overseas in my opinion.

There whole approach of selling them, restricting bits the whole thing is a joke.

GWs lost me as a consumer.
    I used to spend thousands
    now its nothing.
    Cheers

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

No idea if he's posted it here, but this is curtesy of Gotthammer and really does illistrate the point quite nicely.

[url]http://collegiatitanica.blogspot.com.au/2013/01/how-much-is-gw-ripping-you-off_27.html[/url]

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Necron2.0 View Post
    Not really. Within the US I cannot be restricted from reselling.
    Well, not quite - GW just can't take you to court over it (and expect to win, anyway). They're perfectly within their rights to terminate their sales agreement with you for reselling online, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Necron2.0 View Post
    In any event, the only real power GW has is to threaten not to do business with an established brick-and-mortar business. I am purely on-line, and any of a number of different (perfectly legal, above board and in adherence with GW policy) purchase agreements that I could arrange between myself and one of several LGS's in my area does not fall under the purview of GW, anymore than GW can restrict any other individual customer who frequents any given LGS. They won't have the power to track it, restrict it nor interfere in any way with it.
    Maybe. Remember, the new trade agreement gives GW the power to randomly "spot check" retailer sales sheets. Depending on how they sell to you, they could well lose their trade account for it. Not to say that a little creative re-naming or accounting couldn't take care of things, but GW's not powerless here.

That said, I do hope retailers manage to find tricky ways to get around GW's silly retail shenanigans. Getting bits from legit US online retailers is a lot easier and faster than getting them from the illicit Chinese and Russian re-casters who'll suddenly flood eBay to replace them.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Lexington View Post
    Well, not quite - GW just can't take you to court over it (and expect to win, anyway). They're perfectly within their rights to terminate their sales agreement with you for reselling online, however.
    That's the point, though. I'm joe-schmoe off the street. I don't have an agreement with GW. My agreement (if I were to go forward with this) would be with one or more LGS's, and I'd be their customer, not GW's. Whom an LGS does business with is private information GW is in no way entitled to know. Whether I worked out a "wholesale+" agreement with my LGS, a bulk purchase agreement or simply bought the stuff full price and resold to people outside my "trade zone" via an auction site or one of my other sales outlets, there is fudge-all GW could do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexington View Post
    Maybe. Remember, the new trade agreement gives GW the power to randomly "spot check" retailer sales sheets. Depending on how they sell to you, they could well lose their trade account for it. Not to say that a little creative re-naming or accounting couldn't take care of things, but GW's not powerless here.
    Largely that's bluster on GW's part. They may say that they'll conduct spot checks, but they cannot legally compel a private independent store to give up the names of those they do business with (not that my LGS would even have those records), which means an LGS can tell them whatever they want, whether it's true or not. Likewise they are not entitled to the financials of an independent company - there are laws against that sort of thing. Even if an independent LGS were fool enough to buy into GW's BS, GW has created a situation whereby anyone could simply buy something from a cheaper "trade zone" and resell it in a more expensive one and still turn a profit, and GW's policies have no teeth to stop it ... other than bluster.

Last edited by Necron2.0; 03-23-2013 at 06:08 PM.
    Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819