BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

We need the documentary evidence before getting on the outrage bus...
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

next step of gw will be banning local retailers selling their stuff....

im getting more and more the feeling GW is digging a huge hole for themselves and they dont even see it ... <now hand over a shovel im digging too>

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    We need the documentary evidence before getting on the outrage bus...
    This. If all retailers had got this email I would have expected it to crop up already in the usual whinefest forums. I want to actually hear from some actual retailers before I get cranky.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

I'm inclined to not believe this, but if any company is as stupid, moronic, asinine or out of touch enough to make a seriously bad decision like this, its GW.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Daemon-Prince

3 posts and trolling already! This would be the stupidest thing GW could do for there sales.
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Brother-Captain

THis is the same rumor that went around 10 years ago. See it when I believe it

[url]http://forum.rpg.net/archive/index.php/t-45182.html[/url]

That rumor was just people misinterpreting the "no shopping cart sales" rule. THey're just opening them selves up to having competition take more of the market as they'll be more readily available and at the usual 20% online-retailer discount, be considered even more of a discount.
    Last edited by lobster-overlord; 03-15-2013 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charistoph View Post
    It really is the same thing in the long run. It's no more different than having an LGS within shouting of a GW Brick. The Online stores can just shout at a longer range.
    Not sure how things work in the US, but all the local GW's that I know of, point vets to the other clubs.

The LGS gets the long timers while the GW's gets the kids, GW likes it that way, and I got told this by a black shirt.

Now I know that GW were cracking down on non-brick, but there were some really dodgy internet only dealers, so cannot really blame them as they end up getting the crappy end of it.

However, as long as the store is independent, they can price lower than the RRP even if GW start putting prices on the boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    This. If all retailers had got this email I would have expected it to crop up already in the usual whinefest forums. I want to actually hear from some actual retailers before I get cranky.
    remember; you can't spell warseer without 'arse' ;-)

Chaplain

umm whats LGS stand for?

Veteran-Sergeant

L. ocal
    G. ame
    S. tore

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast