BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Not to fan the flames, but a local store in Toronto Canada just posted a notice on facebook along the lines of ceasing online sales (and likely the product completely) by June 15th in accordance with a GW notice.

Creating some unease, to say the least...
    Check me out on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/InquisitorialMandate or search for MWG Leland!

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis View Post
    Not to fan the flames, but a local store in Toronto Canada just posted a notice on facebook along the lines of ceasing online sales (and likely the product completely) by June 15th in accordance with a GW notice.

Creating some unease, to say the least...
    What store would that be?
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by HsojVvad View Post
    What store would that be?
    Meeplemart. As far as I know, Dueling Grounds has not issued anything yet. I am also waiting to hear what Miniwargames has to say about it, as they are my primary source...
    Check me out on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/InquisitorialMandate or search for MWG Leland!

Brother-Captain

This is something that definitely warrants some confirmation/clarification before any rage or panic ensues.

That said, if there's any truth to it...
    Well, I've got quite a backlog of unpainted models. Enough to keep me busy without buying any new GW kits for a very, very long time...
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kawauso View Post
    This is something that definitely warrants some confirmation/clarification before any rage or panic ensues.

That said, if there's any truth to it...
    Well, I've got quite a backlog of unpainted models. Enough to keep me busy without buying any new GW kits for a very, very long time...
    I just heard from a friend who runs a store. He got the email.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Librarian

Really!!! This blows. How the hell else am I suppose to do conversion for this expensive hobby of mine.

Brother-Captain

That's really disappointing. =/ I'm still looking forward to reading the actual letter (and seeing the response from various stores) myself, but...

GW is helping me save a lot of money in doing this. I think I'm going to stop purchasing models and just worry about painting them at least until I have a regular play group. And I'm not likely to find one for a long while...

Veteran-Sergeant

This just reeks of some suit/business type guy that has read something and think they can somehow improve their revenue/profit this way.

I think GW has terrible business sense

Brother-Captain

Front page indicates that only bitz sales are being affected.

Anyone care to clarify or shed further light?

Also, what constitutes a GW 'Partner'?

Would this affect sites that deal primarily in bitz (such as Let the Dice Decide)? Or would it only affect sites that sell both full model kits and individual parts?
    Either way I can't see it affecting things like eBay bitz suppliers (or am I wrong?)...

If true, this would be an insane business strategy. Literally not-sane; the only possible outcome of this would be to turn every LGS into Hordes and Dust retailers, and both those games sell for a damn sight less than 40K. Why in hell would a manufacturer want to drive all the independent retailers away from selling their product? Are they so utterly arrogant as to think they can survive that way?

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast