BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

This is an insane policy. Wonder how long it's going to take for the big distributors to take it to court? If they don't, then they'll just quit carrying GW product. AFAIK there are only two brick and mortar LGS in San Antonio that carry GW, and I very much doubt after this they will continue to do so; they both have told me they hate doing biz w GW because they get treated so poorly. I won't do biz w the local GW store; the manager there is an utter fill-in-the-blank (use your favorite perjorative) who likes to publicly shame people.

I have to step in here. The manager of the San Antonio game store is one of the nicest fellows I've ever met. He is gregarious, funny, and runs a nice, small store.

Grise, you and I probably know each other... the SA scene is small enough that I know most of the players around. I'm a little shocked that you'd come out swinging against a guy who is working hard to build the hobby in the greater San Antonio area. Perhaps you should go back to the store and give it another chance... it sounds like you had a bad day the last time you were there. Cheers.
    Looking for a game in the San Antonio area? You can find me here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/175757472448931/

Quote Originally Posted by LordGrise View Post
    AFAIK there are only two brick and mortar LGS in San Antonio that carry GW, and I very much doubt after this they will continue to do so; they both have told me they hate doing biz w GW because they get treated so poorly
    There are two Alien World stores and one Dragon's Lair in San Antonio. All three shops seems (to the outside eye) to be doing well selling GW stuff. I mostly play at DL and there are regular, successful 40K and WFB tournaments there. I know the TOs for both the San Pedro Alien Worlds shop and the Dragon's Lair shop... both TOs are actively and happily scheduling events and regularly get good turnouts. None of the shops in town sell on-line (as far as I know)... so, I think you might be mistaken about all of the above. Cheers. Copeland
    Looking for a game in the San Antonio area? You can find me here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/175757472448931/

Hoss, you and I have met, and I respect you. But the guy out there at the San Antonio Games Workshop store saw fit to try to publicly shame me because I dared to mention another company's paints in a conversation with another guy in the store. His exact words were "Hey, man, don't talk about my competition's stuff, okay? I'm trying to make a buck here!" shouted from the cash register, and heard by everyone in the store - probably a couple dozen present, given how crowded it was. Cue needle scratching across the record sound, followed by a single cricket chirping as everyone in the store looks to see what is going on.

My response was "Having heard that, I will never set foot in this store again while you work here. Good Day." and I walked out. And I mean it. In the meantime, I have related that incident every time it has been appropriate, to whomever will listen, and I will continue to do so at every appropriate opportunity I get until I either hear that he no longer works there, or I get an equally public apology from him. Which, given that I won't go to that store, is his issue to try to fix. Not that I would expect him to.

Grise, I can vouch that he is a really nice guy and working his tail off to build up the hobby in SA. I suggest that you shouldn't let one interaction poison the well between y'all. Also, knocking him like this (in a forum dedicated to his profession) seems harsh.

Have you considered your culpability in all of this? It sounds like you were recommending another line of paint to a customer in his establishment and he asked you to stop. That store is the smallest game store I've ever seen: of course everyone in the store would have heard the interaction. Perhaps you both erred.

I suspect that if you went back to the store the whole thing could be talked through in an adult and pleasant manner. All of the above is my two cents. I'm easy to find for further discussions (either here or in the Gaming Garage). I just hate to see a good man knocked unnecessarily. Cheers. Chris Copeland

As far as the stores go, I'll accept your word on that; my convo w Dragon's Lair was a couple years ago when I was trying to get Broadsides. I've never talked to the San Pedro Alien Worlds; i have talked to the 410 store, but again, it was a while ago. I know Dibbles has reduced what they carry, although they still carry some.

So you tell everyone that story? Having heard it, I'm on his side.

San Antonio's a lovely city, by the by. I miss it - it's snowing right now here in England.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Quote Originally Posted by TheBitzBarn View Post
    What do you mean by sweatshop and enviromental friendly practices. We have 3 total employees we pay more than minimun wage and offer generous employee discounts. and we recycle everything
    If you read the thing through, you'll find that I was taking about the product and the plus side of GW.

People are giving GW a rough time for being a bit pushy, but at the end of the day, GW are the ones that make the goods. The way some people here go over the top, one would think that they were using sweatshops with kiddie labour and polluting vast in swathes.

I hope the people raging against GW are as particular in what they eat, drink and wear, and not being rather a tad hypocritical.

Fly Lord

And back to the GW's new policy discussion esteemed gentlemen...

See how I did that - I'm the nice cop
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

So, it's US only? 1776 not looking so smart now is it.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast