BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Im going to have to through in my lot with Gery Knights... I want to run an army of GK so bad, but the model range is so limited and the codex sucks, not a good combination!

Duke
    At least our Terminators are amazing. If we got 3+ invuln saves on our storm shields, we'd still be the best terminators in the game, and even now we're only outclassed by a bit of fancy wargear in the new codices.

Basic Grey Knights, though, pay a ton of points for a bunch of worthless special rules, and lack certain vital options like frag grenades (inquisitorial storm troopers have frags, but Grey Knights, the elite of the elite of the elite of the elite in the Imperium don't?).
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

I would also agree with GK's being a Daemonhunters player. I think that having some form of a Land Raider as their only transport option is what really hampers them effectively making it cost 455 points if you don't want to foot slog your 7 man GK squad w/incenerators across the board and still count as scoring. Fixing them, I think, would be quite easy. Drop the 25 pt increase for the mandatory Justicar (allowing for a NFW upgrade), give them frags and access to a rhino as a dedicated transport. Even without heavy weapons, this would still make them a quite flexible and deadly unit.

As an ork player, have to say that Flash Gitz top the list of overpriced, at least for our codex. I think basic warbikes are a bit pricey, given the small unit size and lack of true fearless. They are right on the cusp, which probably means they are OK. Tankbustas are probably overpriced, mostly thanks to the "Glory Hogs" rule that really nerfs them. Take that out and they would be ok.

Otherwise, no real complaints about the ork codex.

Quote Originally Posted by PhatCat View Post
    As an ork player, have to say that Flash Gitz top the list of overpriced, at least for our codex. I think basic warbikes are a bit pricey, given the small unit size and lack of true fearless. They are right on the cusp, which probably means they are OK. Tankbustas are probably overpriced, mostly thanks to the "Glory Hogs" rule that really nerfs them. Take that out and they would be ok.

Otherwise, no real complaints about the ork codex.
    I've said it before, but all Tankbustas need is twin-linked on their rokkits to be worth their points. Glory Hogs is fluffy and fun.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456