BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default DE allies for Eldar

Hello,

I´m thinking about some allies for my Eldar. Mainly i am interested on Dark Eldar, Baron + Hellions for fast troops and maybe a Raider filled with Warriors. Some one suggested Beasts for CC, but are they worth it?

Beasts took a bit of a hit this edition without wound allocation shenanigans, but they can be kept fairly cheap and can put out a fair amount of wounds.

Chapter-Master

For Hellions to be good you need at least 10, more like 15-20 to be effective. PLus can you take named characters as allies? For some reason i think you can't.

And without the Baron Hellions are a bit pointless. Wracks are your most survivable of troops, with Hemonculi. Use a flier if you want one, but remember a Av10 flier won't last for more than 2 turns.

Hemonculi, 10 Wracks, a squad of 10 Warriors with Blaster and Cannon in a Raider (splinterracks optional, Nightshields necessary) and a Ravager would be a good compliment. And if you want more, a unit of Incubi in a Venom. They're some of the few AP2 at Initiative CC units in the game
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Army Builder let´s you do this, and why shouldn´t it? He´s an HQ and Hellions become troops. Yep, if this is not possible, no need for the Hellions then...