BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Question Which current chapter will fall to chaos first?

The title explains it all, which current space marine chapter is the most likely in your opinion to submit to chaos first?

I'll say the ultramarines, they will likely fall to slaanesh or tzeentch, because of their pride, and they won't even realize it until it's too late.
    oh and because my friend plays em'

Thoughts?

Iron Father

Not sure if any really, but if I had to say then my money would either be the Relictors who happily collect and use chaos weaponry or maybe either 2 of the Blood Angels Successors Knights of Blood or Flesh Tearers to Khorne, that's if either chapter survives that long.

I don't think any of the remaining founding chapters / then legions would fall to be honest, with what went down in the heresy I think they have too much unfinished business to fall to the dark side erm I meant Chaos.
    Last edited by Deadlift; 03-19-2013 at 02:45 PM.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    Not sure if any really, but if I had to say then my money would either be the Relictors who happily collect and use chaos weaponry or maybe either 2 of the Blood Angels Successors Knights of Blood or Flesh Tearers to Khorne, that's if either chapter survives that long.
    Gabriel Seth is pretty hell-bent on the Flesh Tearers going down in history as a loyal chapter. I bet that when the survivors finally die out, a few of the stragglers will find their way into a Chaos warband or two.

Even though I love the Blood Angels, myself, I'd say the Blood Angels. They clearly have a bit of an anger management (*cough* Khorne *cough) problem, and their chief librarian is gradually transcending the flesh and may be on the route to becoming a daemon prince.

BUT! Chaos has made some serious efforts to corrupt and seduce the Blood Angels, and none of it has ever worked. So, if the Blood Angels were going to fall, they probably would have fallen already. So in the end, I don't think the Blood Angels are going to become Chaos's next warband.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if the Knights of the Blood take the plunge. They're clearly on the edge. I don't think it would be an easy fall. Probably they'd tear themselves apart in internecine warfare, the loyalists versus their traitor brothers, with the survivors either being quietly folded into the Blood Angels or appearing as mercenary Khornate berserkers in scattered warbands.

The idea of fallen Ultramarines appeals, but I just don't see it. They have too close a connection to the humans in their care. I just don't see them taking off into space with Ultramar a burning husk behind them. They love those worlds too much. I could see their love of Ultramar leading them to succeed even further from the Imperium, but I just don't see them betraying their human subjects.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Space Wolves.

Because GW loves to troll its fans.

On a more serious note? None of them. They're inherently less interesting as card-carrying villains; their ambiguously evil thing is far better.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Iron Father

I suppose the other side of the coin is could a renegade chapter return to the fold ? See the light so to speak. I doubt the Inquisition or Grey Knights would allow it and I can't recall it being written in a novel. Of course there are the Soul Drinkers who remain loyal to the imperium despite being physically corrupted by chaos.

Chapter-Master

I suppose the other side of the coin is could a renegade chapter return to the fold ? See the light so to speak. I doubt the Inquisition or Grey Knights would allow it and I can't recall it being written in a novel. Of course there are the Soul Drinkers who remain loyal to the imperium despite being physically corrupted by chaos.
    I would find this plot EXTREMELY interesting. I doubt GW will ever go with it, but wouldn't that be something? A band of Chaos marines seeking to throw off the chains of Chaos and find a place among the loyalists? That would be neat.

Speaking again of the Knights of the Blood - who aren't quite fallen - I could see an interesting story about a band of Knights of the Blood who want to re-enter the Imperial fold and, in the process, discover that they really are tainted by Khorne and have to reject the taint to find redemption. I could also see members of the Death Guard - who didn't really want to fall, but were sold by the marine who would become Typhus - and maybe some of the remaining Thousand Sons - who likewise never wanted to fall - trying to redeem themselves.

Iron Father

Maybe even a band of Word Bearers who rediscover their faith in the Emperor ? I have always wondered about the Alpha Legion too, to me I always read their story as being loyal to emperor but siding with Horus to get the inside track on his eventual plans, their pretence being so deep that in this process they don't inform any of the loyalists that they are in fact a double agent legion. It's only when they become so embroiled in Horus's plans that they are no longer the "undercover legion" and eventually become truly renegade.

The thing with The Knights of the Blood is when the poo really hits the fan for the Blood Angels they get stuck in and help. But always remain apart, could this be to hide something ? After all Blood for the Blood god, doesn't matter where it comes from.
    Last edited by Deadlift; 03-19-2013 at 04:39 PM.

Chapter-Master

The thing with The Knights of the Blood is when the poo really hits the fan for the Blood Angels they get stuck in and help. But always remain apart, could this be to hide something ? After all Blood for the Blood god, doesn't matter where it comes from.
    I mean, hey, blood for the blood god doesn't mean that you can't be fond of your cousins, even if they are misguided fools. If they live long enough, maybe they'll get smart and join up!

Brother-Captain

Then entire chapter of Blood Angels goes Rage at once during a large battle and succumbs to the whispers of Chaos, and the whole chapter becomes a legion of Khorne Berserkers.

Sounds like a fun modelling theme.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    I would find this plot EXTREMELY interesting. I doubt GW will ever go with it, but wouldn't that be something? A band of Chaos marines seeking to throw off the chains of Chaos and find a place among the loyalists? That would be neat.

Speaking again of the Knights of the Blood - who aren't quite fallen - I could see an interesting story about a band of Knights of the Blood who want to re-enter the Imperial fold and, in the process, discover that they really are tainted by Khorne and have to reject the taint to find redemption. I could also see members of the Death Guard - who didn't really want to fall, but were sold by the marine who would become Typhus - and maybe some of the remaining Thousand Sons - who likewise never wanted to fall - trying to redeem themselves.
    In the fan fiction section of the warseer forums is a 500 page book called "The rise of the tau" totally worth the read , and deals with fallens chapters coming back in the final battle.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast