BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by bfmusashi View Post
    [url]http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Knights_of_Blood_(Chapter)#.UUtyihw4vvA[/url]
    They have a different coloration in the Codex: Chaos Space Marines before the current one.
    Despite the same name, are we sure they are one and the same, I always thought the chaos warband and the blood angels sucsessor chapter used the same name based solely on coincidence.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    Despite the same name, are we sure they are one and the same, I always thought the chaos warband and the blood angels sucsessor chapter used the same name based solely on coincidence.
    My personal interpretation has always been that, away from the light of the Emperor, the Knights of the Blood have split, with some becoming a Khornate warband and the others remaining friendly psychopaths.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Brother-Captain

I thought the same thing Electric, but I like Dead's bit too. The possibility of political shenanigans and misidentification can't be ignored. The best part of the Badab War books was seeing the whole thing spin out of control from Huron being caught flatfooted in the political arena.

I can't believe this discussion has gone 4 pages and no one's said Dark Angels yet. Oh wait, they've already fell

As for discussion regarding Ultramarines, I think people are letting their Smurf Hate colour their opinion a bit much. Despite them ignoring the Codex Astartes (in spirit rather than letter) they're still one of the loyalest Chapters around.

Brother-Sergeant

I think any of the primarchs that are rumored to have disappeared into the eye of terror could return with more than a bit of taint. As we've seen primarchs are not immune to the whispering of the chaos gods and if any of them would return the legion would follow them, no matter where they were to lead

Quote Originally Posted by droozy View Post
    I think any of the primarchs that are rumored to have disappeared into the eye of terror could return with more than a bit of taint. As we've seen primarchs are not immune to the whispering of the chaos gods and if any of them would return the legion would follow them, no matter where they were to lead
    That would be a brilliant story to read! We've already had a taste of that in the BA novels (2nd one me thinks).

Brother-Captain

Pft, the primarchs are leading an army of orks through the Eye of Terror in their sweet custom Land Raider while the A-Team theme plays.

Quote Originally Posted by droozy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by musical-fool View Post
    That would be a brilliant story to read! We've already had a taste of that in the BA novels (2nd one me thinks).
    I wonder if it wouldn't be a better story if the 40k Marines didn't follow them, or maybe if the various Successor Chapters were divided in their decisions on whether or not to follow. Maybe it's just 'cos we've already seen Chaos Primarchs being followed by their Legions

If Ultramarines went to Chaos, so would Mat Ward.

Or is that the other way round?

Personally I think Salamanders, because:
    a) Nobody's said them.
    b) They're freaks amongst the marines as it is.
    c) How awesome would mutated Salamanders look?
    Oh and d) They're the only 'coloured' marines in the Imperium of Mankind. Even if it was another chapter, I could see the racist High Lords accusing the Salamanders for it, then getting the Grey Knights to use 'Imperial Brutality' on them.

Quote Originally Posted by kyfer View Post
    Even if it was another chapter, I could see the racist High Lords accusing the Salamanders for it, then getting the Grey Knights to use 'Imperial Brutality' on them.
    I didn't think there was racism in the IoM. You know, except against xenos and mutants.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast