BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default WarBoss Tacticz - Lobbas

First in a new series of videos where I provide WarBoss tactical advice. First up, Big Gun Lobbas.

Chaplain

The vid was good as far as it went but you left a couple of things out which should be included to avoid confusion.

The scatter issue; You can subtract your BS from the scatter score if you are using line of sight. It is only indirect fire that scatters the full distance of the dice roll.

You did not mention the fact that cover saves are not so straight forward with barrage; As the shot counts as plunging fire, people hiding behind a wall do not get cover saves, though you might allow someone in a ruin a save. Also on the same basis, hits on vehicles count as hitting side armour, the top deck is equivalent to side armour. (Makes life in a Chimera a little more nerve wracking).

If you roll another hit with a second or third template you can place it anywhere so long as it is touching one of the previous template shots, really handy if the first shot scattered off to far, the template can even overlap.

Finally, I would recommend quoting where the information is in the rule book, such as Barrage Rules are in the special rules section page 34 in the hard back version. (Some times the rule is not where you think it might be, like in the Weapons section, go figure)

This last point is important, because having given the good news, your erstwhile student can't rely on your video when reciting the rule to his opponent.

Vis a vis tactics: I wouldn't max out on lobbas alone for your heavy choice. Take a unit of Kannons also. They can be anti infantry and are lethal anti armour also. I used to love them when I was an Ork, but that was when you could use a mek as the OIC. He used to repair the guns when they were damaged.