BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Night Lords Army list 1850

Hey, guys i'm putting together an army list for a tournament coming up and am a little stumped on some parts. I've massed a 2200pt army thus far. so I am consolidating and building a tournament force. this is the list. feel free to critique and replace what you would think would fit.

Night Lords Chaos Space Marines:

HQ
    Chaos Lord: Sigil of corruption, combat familiar, power fist (optional dimensional key at extra 25 pts, Mark of Tzeentch or Slaanesh at 15pts) 133pts
    Chaos Sorcerer: Mark of Tzeench, mastery lvl 3, combi bolter, power halberd, spell familiar (add scrolls of magnus for 45pts if needed) 140pts

Troops:
    Chaos Space Marine Squad (Assault): Sgt. (Kato Veil) Power Sword, plasma pistol, melta bombs. Flamer x2, mark of Slaanesh (may add a dedicated transport rhino at +35pts) 205pts
    Chaos space Marine Squad (Attack): Sgt. (Reven) Power Sword, Plasma Pistol, Melta Gun, Heavy Bolter, Mark of Tzeentch (may add a dedicated transport rhino at +35pts) 210pts
    Chaos Space Marine Squad (Standard): Sgt. (Salmarien) Power Sword, plasma gun, flamer, mark of nurgle, icon of despair (may add a dedicated transport rhino at +35pts) 220pts
    All Squads may take veterans of the long war at 1pt per model

Elites:
    Chosen Squad6) (Talos) power sword, plasma pistol. Heavy bolter, mark of Slaanesh (may add a dedicated transport rhino at +35pts) 165 pts may take vets of long war for 2pts per model
    Chaos Terminators5) Sgt. (Favian Draccu) combi flamer, power maul. Lightning Claw, power fist, chain fist, Reaper Auto-cannon, mark of Tzeench 236pts (May take vets of long war for 3pts per model)
    HelBrute: (Drac’hir) multi melta, power fist, heavy flamer (may take Twin Linked Las cannon for +25pts) 120pts
    Khorne Bezerkers: (10) (Atross the Blooded) 7 chain axes, 1power axe. 236 pts
    Fast Attack:
    Warp Talons: (5) (Champion Sevarian) mark of slaanesh. 175 pts

Heavy Support:
    Forgefiend: 175 pts
    Chaos Predator: Twin-linked Lascannon, 2 side sponsons lascannons. 180pts
    Total: 2,195pts
    (I'm thinking i'm going to remove my khorne bezerkers and go between my chaos lord or sorcerer.) appreciate all advice guys thanks.

In a 6th Ed battle you're going to struggle against any flyers, so I'd recommend taking a unit of Tzeentchian Havocs behind an Aegis Defence Line with a Quad Gun. Not only will the Quad Gun offer you Skyfire, but your heavy weapons will be protected by a 3+ invulnerable cover save (4+ for the Aegis and another 1+ for Mark Of Tzeentch). Makes them a real pain in the backside to get rid of!

Mark of Tzeentch is +1 to Invulnerable save therefore not worth it on models that don't already have one because 6+ doesn't mean a lot. Better saving the points and not taking a mark on said squads.

Ah! I've been reading up... It improves baseline Invulnerable Saves, not cover... Boooo!

Yes, the Fliers have been giving me a little alarm. I have recently added a blob of cultist to give me a scoring unit that is cheap. and I may just get a heldrake for fliers.

do you think giving my terminators "mark of Tzeentch is a good idea or should I go with something different?

It would certainly make them nice and hard! Invulnerable 4+? Yes please! Mark of Slaanesh wouldn't really help them... Mark of Nurgle would make them tough, but they'd still have the same issues against any weapons that will get over your regular 2+ save. I'd say if you're giving them any kind of mark, give them Tzeentch.

Scout

if you go with termies the Tzeetch is a great addition. for the points though I would argue and plas chosen squad would be better and cheaper. for the sorc being Tzeetched marked with sigil 3++ no sure on the halberd but i make my sorce more CC with a force weapon than anything. talons are pricy for what they do you may want to try out melta bikers nurgle marked cheap and T6. another option I take a lot is a trim siren icon noise squad with slan lord and a strike at ini power weapon the unit can gut through power armor like its nothing quickly and pave the way for your army's big hitters.