BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default shooting from open topped

Okay, so i am trying to figure out how shooting from an open topped vehicle. The main part i cant figure out is to what distance can i move say a Dark Eldar raider, and be able to fire all the warriors at something? I would love to use the upgrade splinter racks, but you need to be in the vehicle to use it. just trying to figure out tactics if i were to try and shoot out of a Raider in game. Second question: If the vehicle moves, and the guys inside shoot at one target, can the vehicle shoot a different target?

If the vehicle moves 6" or less, the passengers count as moving but otherwise suffer no penalties. If the vehicle moves more than 6", the passengers may still fire, but may only fire snap shots. The vehicle and the passengers are two separate units and may fire at different targets.
    "You look at all this gunline and think: 'I could assault with this!'"
    "D*** it, Sam! Stop counting to such high numbers!"

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    If the vehicle moves 6" or less, the passengers count as moving but otherwise suffer no penalties. If the vehicle moves more than 6", the passengers may still fire, but may only fire snap shots. The vehicle and the passengers are two separate units and may fire at different targets.
    Absolutely right.
    And for the page ref.
    Transports-Fire Points: p78
    Open-Topped Vehicles: p82

Thank you for the help