BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Thery came from Fenris - a Wilca Fenrica blog

Hey all,

Olberon is back with a new blog. After finishing a 750points ravenguard army which was sold for some good money (a mention on bols really helps.....) I was looking for a new army to paint. Listening to the "prospero burns" audiobook really made me fall i love with the Wilca Fenrica or space wolves as they are commonly known. Not aiming high this time i decided to take on a blog doing a battleforce at a time or several boxes.

I really wanted something special again with my Space wolves so i went for the grey scheme, a great deal of inspiration was found on white dwarf daily ([url]http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/wnt/blog.jsp?pid=6400028-gws[/url]) and found the artists blog over here ([url]http://www.minimanie.de/article-tutorial-space-wolves-bemalen-how-to-paint-space-wolves-79895229.html[/url]) which lucky for me, had a great tutorial on how he painted his space wolves. Not even being as talented as the artist i decided to follow the guide loosely.

Thing is with the Battleforce sets is that there is a units of scouts in it. For now i decided to assemble the whole box so keeping the scouts and pod. this would give me the following:

4 scouts -ccw/boltpistols + sergeant (dunno which weapons yet)
    9 grey hunters - meltagun, plasma pistol and standard
    1 wolf guard - combi plasma, powerfist, meltabomb and power armour
    1 droppod - stormbolter

tho yet far from legal (still need an HQ for instance) its a fun force to build.

well thats it for the intro lets go to the painting: I assembled one of the grey hunters to make a test model and this is the result
    {Work in progress shot}

{result}

please let me know what you think of it so far
    Last edited by olberon; 03-22-2013 at 04:06 PM.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by olberon View Post
    please let me know what you think of it so far
    Here's what I think:
    1) Weep, weep, weep. I will never be as good as this dude.
    2) Weep, weep, weep. There will come a moment that I am not looking at something he painted, and I weep in anticipation of that unbearable sorrow.
    3) This guy has worse game ADHD than I do, only he makes it profitable.
    4) Say... do you think he takes comissions? I can't afford an army, but maybe I can pay him to paint one centerpiece model - like a captain or a librarian or maybe a dreadnought - just so I can say "I hung out with him on the forums" after he wins his freaking Golden Daemon and is too cool to hang out with us? That would be neat.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    Here's what I think:
    1) Weep, weep, weep. I will never be as good as this dude.
    2) Weep, weep, weep. There will come a moment that I am not looking at something he painted, and I weep in anticipation of that unbearable sorrow.
    3) This guy has worse game ADHD than I do, only he makes it profitable.
    4) Say... do you think he takes comissions? I can't afford an army, but maybe I can pay him to paint one centerpiece model - like a captain or a librarian or maybe a dreadnought - just so I can say "I hung out with him on the forums" after he wins his freaking Golden Daemon and is too cool to hang out with us? That would be neat.
    AAAAAH Electric you are to flattering :P and you make me shy hahahahahaah

1) you will. But be sure to eat your greenies each day!!!
    2) hahahaha
    3) yes i do, sorry bout that im planning on making this army a whole army for once!! (i hope...........)
    4a) if you really want to i can slap some paint on a model and get a nice box of space wolves for it, it sure is possible!
    4b) golden daemon - not by a longshot, but local competitions hell yeah! and i wont EVER be too cool to hang with you!

Librarian

I hate GW for putting those pics up. I painted my wolves based off the cover/description in the Ragnor books. Since this article all i get is o you took that from such and such and it drives me mad, and my dread i built then gets a look a like in one of the books. On a plus note the models look good. Rant over
    I didn't do it. You can't prove i did it. Ok I'm sorry send me the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceman91 View Post
    I hate GW for putting those pics up. I painted my wolves based off the cover/description in the Ragnor books. Since this article all i get is o you took that from such and such and it drives me mad, and my dread i built then gets a look a like in one of the books. On a plus note the models look good. Rant over
    can understand the rant :P but thanks for the compliment

::update::
    Well today it seems papa nurgle has finally cought up with me. got a really bad case of the flue so didnt do much painting
    anyhow here some progress shots grey hunter #2

{progress}

{progress}

Feeling a lot better today! so i hope to finish my Grey hunter #2 today!
    Still needs a lot of highlighting, work on the backback and base so ill keep you all posted

be sure to check back
    Last edited by olberon; 03-25-2013 at 09:37 AM.

as promissed an updat of todays earlier post: if finished wolfguard #2 (except for adding snow to its base, i just found ou we ran out of backing powder (damn cupcake addiction).

here are a few pics (sorry for the so so quality im taking better ones tomorrow

ive spend the better half of today and yesterday building myself a new armylist. the aim was to go all pods, as the common reader of my blogs you might have noticed i have a soft spot for these things. Why?? you might ask. the answer is simple; i love the design, they are a pain to assemble but a joy to paint. and on top of that dumping a series of these things on a battle field is just epic!!

And although im not a really big fan of using special characters i decided to build a list around ragnar blackmane. i really like the fluff around this guy (tho lukas the trickster is a close one) and it really fits the theme of my army.
    i dont really like the 80's model of ragnar so i decided to convert my own.

[front]

[side]

now for the armylist:

HQ
    Ragnar Blackmane -
    Rune Priest - Bolt Gun, Jaws of the World Wolf, Living Lightning, Power Armour, Runic Weapon, Wolftooth Necklace
    Rune Priest - Bolt Gun, Jaws of the World Wolf, Living Lightning, Power Armour, Runic Weapon, Wolftooth Necklace

Elites
    Wolf Guard Pack I
    Wolf Guard - Close Combat Weapon, Combi Flamer/Melta/Plasma, Melta Bombs, Power Armour
    Wolf Guard - Bolt Pistol, Frost Blade, Power Armour
    Wolf Guard - Combi Melta, Power Armour, Power Fist

Wolf Guard Pack II
    Drop Pod - Storm Bolter
    Wolf Guard - Close Combat Weapon, Combi Plasma, Power Armour

Troops
    Blood Claws Pack - 9x Blood Claw, Flamer Drop Pod with Storm Bolter
    Grey Hunters Pack - 7x Grey Hunter, Mark of the Wulfen, Meltagun, Wolf Standard Drop Pod with Storm Bolter
    Grey Hunters Pack - 7x Grey Hunter, Mark of the Wulfen, Meltagun Drop Pod with Storm Bolter
    Grey Hunters Pack - 5x Grey Hunter, Plasma Gun Drop Pod with Storm Bolter
    Grey Hunters Pack - 5x Grey Hunter, Plasma Gun Drop Pod with Storm Bolter

Heavy Support
    Long Fangs Pack - Drop Pod with Storm Bolter
    Long Fang - Missile Launcher
    Long Fang - Missile Launcher
    Long Fang - Plasma Cannon
    Squad Leader - Bolt Pistol, Close Combat Weapon

as you can see A LOT of pods and no other vehicles, tho im planning on going for 2k and adding a dread with pod extra! but i also really want lukas in it.... just for the stasis bomb

-update-

paintjob is comming along slowly but looking crispy and thats what im aiming for !!

comments crittics and compliments always welcome :P

update time:

Hoping to finish the chest armour tonight and get started on the head and legs

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast