BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Hmmm..a way to make Eldar Banshees semi-useful?

Hello!

I was never going to touch the Daemonic -psychic stuff...

BUT, the idea-light got lit...

Farseer joining a group of Banshees with every roll going for goodie daemonology...trying to get Hammerhand & Sanctuary...

S5 A4 Invl. 6+ group of screaming ladies...these might actually do something!

Maybe add an Autarch for grenades and you are set!

Actually, the Clowns would benefit even more (if the hammer. & sanc. was thrown)...

hmmm...

What do you think?

a) Bad idea either way
    b) Banshees, darn it, they are actually doing something now!
    c) Send in the Clownmobile!

- Lost Vyper
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE
    DO I HAVE WITH A DESTROYER"

First-Captain

Would it not be risky trying to cast those spells? With the added risk of perils?

Chapter-Master

Nope, still terrible.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

The issue is not that they are not going to "do something".
    The issue is "you wont get them there to do something".
    T3, no grenades, no move through cover
    You can offset this a little bit by getting them in DE Raiders.

If you want to go that route, I would recommend a spiritseer (shrouded and 2 other buffs) and Karandras (Nades, Stealth, Move through cover) in a Banshee squad.

A 6+ isn't worth the risk of Perils. A 6+ is nothing. So far I have been willing to risk Santic with my CSM but only using a Mark of Nurgle Sorcerer on a Palanquin so he would have (4) Wounds. Even this isn't the greatest idea. It works and if you are desperate to try and get some Void Grenades or know you are going to be fighting Daemons, why not? When you have the cards at more Tournaments you declare what you are generating your Psychic Powers on at that time. Thus, If I am fighting Chaos Daemons (and I have the aforementioned Sorcerer) I'm willing to go that route. Most of the time, hell no.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Caitsidhe View Post
    A 6+ isn't worth the risk of Perils. A 6+ is nothing.
    As for the perils, the last tournament I attended the TO ruled that the ghost helm allows the farseer to ignore perils by discarding a WC dice. (The way I read the rules is that it allows you to ignore the wound but not the perils but I digress.) 6++ is definitely nothing special. Hammerhand would be great for them but without something like invisibility to make them survivable they are not likely to ever reach a competent opponent... so no.

This was suggested to me...(cos i have DE too) Incubi with the same thing...S6 + Furious Charge & a delivering system...much better idea!
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE

Veteran-Sergeant

I see banshees as more of a support role. They're not so much the hitters, as they are useful for using those masks to drop the initiative of some fast hitters.

Chapter-Master

That's a lot of points to spend for very little benefit in a task that is better accomplished with a mantle autarch and honestly isn't even important to the Eldar in the first place.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Yep, true, but this topic started as a question, does it make Banshees better...and still no one wants to try them, so there´s our answer
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast