BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Default Azrael and IG Blobs...

Has anybody had any experience of allying in Azrael to give IG 50 man blobs a 4++?
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Why bother?
    Aegis + imp. Priest + Psyker results in a 2+ cover save with a Ld9 to get up again.

Chapter-Master

Umm - How many inches a turn does this Aegis thing move?

Basically as much as the IG typically moves in a game.

Chapter-Master

Right, well to answer your question in case it was not readily apparent, because I fancy trying a little something different.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    Basically as much as the IG typically moves in a game.
    Not only is this not particularly helpful, it's also wrong.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Aegis (Defense Line) is a fortification and therefore cannot move.

Also, having a priest means you cannot GTG behind the ADL, as fearless (which he gets because he has zealot, if I recall correctly) disallows you from doing so.

Veteran-Sergeant

I fought against a 50 man guard blob with Azrael in the middle of them. My Grey knights soon backed off from 24" of them until the remainder of the DA bikes had been dealt with. 130ish lasgun shots twin linked just vapourised my deepstriking Paladins.

The 4++ save left me with a dilema of them being too tough to justify me shooting at them to reduce the firepower or shift them off the objective. I couldnt get close enough to charge either. In the end I just left them to it and went for the other units.

Librarian

I heard of someone at a tourney facing this, in a mission where you had to kill the opponent warlord. Azrael effectively hiding behind 50 fearless guardsmen. Yes he survived. 50 fearless guardsmen with a 4++ is pretty spicy.

Brother-Captain

Blast templates are the best sniping weapon for HQs hiding in blobs like this, since you allocate wounds from the center hole of the template outwards and not from models closest to the shooter.

Another is to get some really mean HQ/Characters that are beasts in close combat, attack the blob in question, then challenge. Daemon Princes have been known to do well in this regard.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast