I think its kinda funny that you said you thought Chaos Daemons were not a top tier army but given their performance at recent big tournaments I would say the hounds lists and FMC lists are absolutely top tier if not some of the strongest armies around (with a weakness to tau).

In regards to Skarbrand I think hes one of the worst HQ choices you can take along with princes and Ku'Gath. Skarbrand boasts +1 attack and +1 Initiative over a regular bloodthirster. hes cheaper but doesnt have mobility or upgrades to survival. Fielding skarbrand is similar to fielding a giant target. Everyone knows that him reaching them means death so they shoot all their goodies at it. he dies end of story. the bloodthirster on the otherhand can fly in avoiding a huge amount of damage and charge on turn 2. there is maybe one or two hypothetical situations in which skarbrand can beat an opponent the bloodthrister cannot. None of these are realistic or common and there is no use building an army around the fact that if meph shows up you wanna beat him 1v1 on close combat and somehow get skarbrand to him alive.

I agree with the rest of your assessments actually but I would add that pink horrors with their rerolls of 1 can go to ground behind ruins or something to camp objective and be unkillable. I would also like to add that the tzeentch powers while terrible on a good day can actually put out a lot of pain when used by fateweaver. The powerful Ap 1 beam can be used with another witchfire (since hes a MC idk if you can use a witchfire twice in the same turn) and destroy a squad of termies for example.

Screamers for me have been effective at destroying a lot of targets like imperial guard blobs or firewarriors or snipers. Stuff that isnt durable but has a lot of shooty power. Like you said, screamers can reach these units incredibly fast and demolish them.

Last thing. Bloodletters are the worst. An upcoming tournament had the most popular troop choice as horrors followed by ettes' and plague potatoes. Bloodletters will get destroyed by an unit with a gun and without being able to charge after deep striking and no transports it guarantees at least 2 turns of shooting into them. Unless you have huge blobs of them behind cover or get lucky all of these guys will die just like their bloodcrusher brothers before they can do anything useful

Conclusion: This guide is well written and largely accurate although i would love to see updates. Daemons ARE a top tier highly competitive army in the form of flesh hound spam and tzeentch flying circus. Lets wait for an FAQ so we can use the burning chariots!

edit: This was meant to reply to the tactica overview.