BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Librarian

finally biting the bullet and going to be using khorne as my primary detachment backed up by csm allies :/ kind of a sad day but the buffs for my daemons are just so needed in this edition. just trying to figure out how many points i can spare to chip away from daemons to make my khorne force viable . thinking about biker lord bikes 2 units of berserkers and either a predator or a defiler maybe even oblits not sure yet. i just know i dont want to weaken the daemons to much but know that its time to balance...

Daemon-Prince

Run a Bloodthirster and some soulgrinders.......they make any army scary >
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Librarian

currently no soul grinders and as i have been buying up inquisitoral storm troopers like a crazy head on a weekend binge i doubt my wallet can afford the hit anytime soon lol.... damn you metal crack... your worse then my plastic crack addiction.

The multiple FMC lists are certainly tough, but they can be taken down. I like the idea of multi-DPs of Nurgle, as the Balesword is super great vs Wraithknights and Riptides....but Nurgles can't Sweeping Advance, which makes them less ideal for multi-model units.

I like the Khorne Daemon Princes, as they're cheaper, and get instakills on 6s with the Lesser Reward Axe, plus they can and often do Sweeping Advance things (did that to a Riptide/Crisis Commander this past weekend). Not having the psychic powers can be missed but it certainly saves points and having to remember a bunch of crap (and the occasional Perils wounds). Plus having a Bloodthirster to get the Khorne DPs is not a penalty, unlike having a GUO who can easily be avoided cuz he's so darn slow, unless you DS him, and he can't Bless nor Maledict when he comes in.

As for CSM allies, you can take stuff to buff your Daemons! Of course a Heldrake helps take care of the little infantry models hiding all over the place, allowing your monsters to go for the big stuff. But why not try a Mastery 3 Disc Sorcerer w 2 Tzeentch powers and the Scrolls of Magnus? You have a good chance of getting the Boon, which works for friendly characters....imagine letting your Bloodthirster get Chaos Boon rolls every turn! Sure you can turn him into a Spawn, but if you have Fateweaver as the other HQ, that 1 or 2 on the second dice could be rerolled Plus the other CSM Tzeentch shooty powers are really good, and who knows what wonders the Scrolls could reveal! Too bad CSM DPs can't take that though.

I think if you run CSM tanks or shooty stuff, run them as Primary on a Skyshield. Then you can get 1 or 2 FMCs, Hounds, etc for speed in the Daemons detachment.

Battle-Brother

I think unless you are taking psych powers you are better of running a greater daemon over a daemon prince.

Chapter-Master

I think the Nurgle Daemon Prince and the Slaanesh Daemon Prince can be notable exceptions though. Nurgle Princes with Baleswords are ridiculous, and Slaanesh Princes with the Lash of Despair are one of the best sources of anti-air the book can get.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Learn2Eel View Post
    I think the Nurgle Daemon Prince and the Slaanesh Daemon Prince can be notable exceptions though. Nurgle Princes with Baleswords are ridiculous, and Slaanesh Princes with the Lash of Despair are one of the best sources of anti-air the book can get.
    Dat lash is ridiculous. It is a lot of decent strength shooting.

First-Captain

I finally got to start reading the tactica, don't worry I'll get to them all, but since I play heavy Tau and Daemons I will put my 2 cents in those topics. Not to say I may disagree or agree with the others. It is just I played enough 6th edition games with these armies where I can speak from table top experience as much as reading from the book.

Any way I disagree with the warp storm table opinion. I wrote or responded to it before. I am wayyy to lazy to link, so I'll probably cover the same point s I covered before.

Now before I begin that table is not fair for both players and here is why.

For starters this is basically how the table fall.

2-4 hurts you
    5, 6, 8, 9 hurt both of you
    10-12 helps you
    7 does nothing

Looking at it that way it seems it is a fair table, wrong it's not. That table benefits the daemons way more than it does the opposition. Actually mono daemon armies have to worry about the table more than multi god armies do.

First let me cover 5-9 for you which benefits the daemon player a lot. First off 5, 6, 8, 9 always is directed towards the opposition. Only way all 4 rolls hurt you if you happen to be using all 4 chaos factors. Even if you do use all 4 factors it reduces the chance of the storm even doing anything to you.

Here is an example list
    Herald with daemonettes
    Herald with daemonettes
    Herald with horrors
    Herald with horrors
    Herald with pleaguebearers
    Plague bearers
    Hounds
    Hounds

The above can easily be a multi list that can fit in a 1500 game. Notice that I have 2 units for each factor. That means if I only roll 5-9 on the table only 2 units can get afflected by the results. Let me tell you since I play with all 4 gods its rare that my units are hit with 5-9 since I have to roll really bad for starters and roll really bad twice.

Now if I was playing a mono army the above would be 8 almost 9 units. The problem with that if you roll on the chart and get your factor you have a high chance of an effect hitting a unit.

Now letw say you are playing ig and have like 24 units on the table. On average 4 units will get hit with the effects of 5-9. No matter what the daemon plays rolls on 5-9 will hurt the opponent more unless one side rolls way better than the other.

Now lets look at 2-4. I have rolled these several times and it hasn't really hurt me at all. All I can say it pays to put heralds in squads and roll low on your ics. It helps that I roll low a lot, why you think I am rolling on the chart to begin with.. The worst effect here is having worst saves. The others really don't hurt as much as you think unless you are playing furies. Furies can easily die to bad warp storm rolls.

Another point is that you have buffs that can help with bad saves like divination providing a 4plus invulnerable save or invisibility giving units stealth and concealment. However I can see this changing the flow of the game.

10-12 is just wayyy better than the negatives. Like for example you can have plus 2 invulnerable saves with true names or with divination and the chart a unit can have a three plus invulnerable. Heck it is possible to have one two plus save unit with multiple three plus invulnerable units. Yeah balanced my foot, screw Tzeentch roll as much on divination as possible. Anyway spawing a decent size unit in someone's face with you having a choice what it can be is rather good. You basically get 100 point unit for free that can deep strike on the board. Killing a psyker is good if the other player have a psyker on the field.

Now that the table already benefiting you throw in fateweaver. With fateweaver added you can almost never get a result of 2-4. If you roll a 2 and a 5, you can re roll that 2 which hopefully give you a 10, or if you roll snake eyes you can re roll both dice. Lets say you get 5-9 and an effect hits your unit, fateweaver can re roll that dice to stop it from effecting your unit.

Now opponents who play armies with like 6 units will not feel the storms furry as bad as amries with like 20 plus units.

The table make up for what little shooting the daemons have. Heck I taken out several tanks with the table and devestated some really annoying units.

First-Captain

I am still trying to see how I want to use a changling. The biggest problem I have is that it is not jump infantry. That aside it would be a good model to add with screamers for obvious reasons. I love how an awesome model that was used in a lot of tzeentch armies is hardly used at all.

The regular herald is better since you can have a master 3 on the board. If the changeling can take rewards or was a master 3 psyker it would be rather good.

The only plus side is to put it in a horror squad and buff the squad to two plus invulnerable saves. With the changeling re rolling on a two plus invulnerable and having the same stats of like a trigon. It can eventually overwhelmed what it is copyrighting.

I think it would work well in a heavy buffy daemon list. Invisibility and a two plus invulnerable with re rolling to hit would make it rather good.

Best tactica on Daemons ever! I'm new to a Slaanesh army that I've only played a few times, but this thread has really provided some wonderful advice. Thanks for posting this guys!

I printed off relevent 25 pages just on Slaanesh, and have reread several times. Invaluable and thanks Learn2Eel!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast