BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Miscorrection for the blue scribe there some spells from the BRB they can not use at all and there for get to re-roll i will tell you what ones they can use and cant (Note that the Blue Scribes are not psykers for the purposes of any special rules that target Psykers)

Biomancy
    Can use 2 3 6
    Cant use 1 4(to half the effect) 5

Divination
    Can use 2 3
    Cant use 1 4 5 6

Pyromancy
    Can use 2 3 4 5 6
    Cant use 1

Telekinesis
    Can use 1 3 4 5 6
    Cant use 2

Telepathy
    Can use 1 2 3 4 5 6

See how less random Divination is compared to the others and how most of the character spell casters have Divination as there secondary abiltys both are great no matter what one you get Re-roll Failed to hit or force your enamy to Re-roll saving throws + warpflame toughness tests feel the burn :P

Librarian

As I posted in the chaos tactica I will be participating in a campaign in the month of may. So I will have all of april to buy paint and assemble any of the new addition or to complete some of my incomplete units. What I will be doing is hopefully killing the corpse emperors servants by the droves. I will hopefully have some new data or maybe ideas as to how the hordes of chaos can conquer guard
    unfiltered since 85. Don't like me tell some one who cares

Just take Malefic and hope you roll a 6 it's a 82 point Greater Daemon at that point.

First-Captain

Still reading 7th edition rules. I just wanted to point out that Chariots of Tzeentch is now useable since they allow for relentless to the rider.

Basically you now have a decent anti troop or vehicle unit that can deepmstrike in. Also as a plus in the Faq it can be a HQ unit. Which helps in making army list.

Battle-Brother

It works from a rules standpoint now , but would you really want to take a low AV short ranged anti-tank? at that point you might be better off just doing what daemons do well and assaulting it.

Librarian

herald of khorne on a blood crusher or skulltaker on a blood crusher oh woe is me the choice to make??? any suggestions?
    unfiltered since 85. Don't like me tell some one who cares

Quote Originally Posted by Xaric View Post
    Miscorrection for the blue scribe there some spells from the BRB they can not use at all and there for get to re-roll i will tell you what ones they can use and cant (Note that the Blue Scribes are not psykers for the purposes of any special rules that target Psykers)

Biomancy
    Can use 2 3 6
    Cant use 1 4(to half the effect) 5

Divination
    Can use 2 3
    Cant use 1 4 5 6

Pyromancy
    Can use 2 3 4 5 6
    Cant use 1

Telekinesis
    Can use 1 3 4 5 6
    Cant use 2

Telepathy
    Can use 1 2 3 4 5 6

See how less random Divination is compared to the others and how most of the character spell casters have Divination as there secondary abiltys both are great no matter what one you get Re-roll Failed to hit or force your enamy to Re-roll saving throws + warpflame toughness tests feel the burn :P

Damn, I didn't really think about all those Blessings that would affect the Blue Scribes, but apparently not affecting them! So does the power get re-rolled or just not do anything then? That's an interesting rules query. I'm making my own custom model tonight and finishing it tomorrow, but I had planned on just using it for a random Daemonology power.

As to Son of Romulous' question, generally I favor the plain Herald of Khorne with a Greater and Lesser Reward since it can always make him Str +1 and AP2 with a Greater Aetherblade, or just an Axe of Khorne and one of the better Greater Rewards. But Skulltaker can be pretty good so long as there are no Terminators or Riptides in your way.

I've got a game vs a good Grey Knights player on next Sunday at 2000 points. So I'm just using a bunch of my fast units with Belakor, though I may switch to a DP of Slaanesh for some anti-Storm Raven shooty stuff and extra Biomancy. Though I really love the idea of 2 Jugger Heralds and 16 Hounds with Invisibility. That would be awesome! If the Blue Scribes could be one of the 4-in-1 Heralds I'd fit it in, but alas, like the freakin' Masque, it's a loner model.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345