BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Lerra View Post
    The land speeders and attack bikes count as scoring, etc. It was the release of the new 5th ed codices which hurt DA.
    I don't think DA Land Speeders count as scoring. Does anything in the DA codex override page 90, which states that a unit of Troops may not score if it is a vehicle?

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Nabterayl View Post
    I don't think DA Land Speeders count as scoring. Does anything in the DA codex override page 90, which states that a unit of Troops may not score if it is a vehicle?
    codex trumps rulesbook, the detached speeder from the bike squad is a troop choice in a ravenwing force (Sammie has to lead)

as for the 'nerfing' the vanella/smurf book has caused rants aplenty. i think it just caused me not to play Imperial marines anymore. i just don't like the over kill of lessinging limitations. yes marines are supposed to be easy for the starting gamer to learn, but the changes were too much.
    -Chris
    tied more games than i've won and still have fun every time i lose.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisW View Post
    codex trumps rulesbook, the detached speeder from the bike squad is a troop choice in a ravenwing force (Sammie has to lead)
    That's true, but the Dark Angels codex doesn't say that the detached speeder counts as scoring. It says it counts as Troops, and it does.

In order to know what's scoring, you need to read page 90 of the main rulebook, which does not say that Troops count as scoring. It says that Troops count as scoring, except for (i) vehicles, (ii) Swarms, and (iii) units that have a special rule specifying they don't count as scoring. The Dark Angels codex doesn't purport to override any of that.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    I would be interested to hear other peoples thoughts on what army was nerfed the most and why?
    Necrons.

Updating them with a simple .pdf does not equate money it seems.
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Nabterayl View Post
    That's true, but the Dark Angels codex doesn't say that the detached speeder counts as scoring. It says it counts as Troops, and it does.
    Dark Angel Codex, Ravenwing Squadron Entry, page 27:

"Much like combat squads, the squadron's Attack Bike and Land Speeder are purchased together with the squadron and then deployed at the same time as the squadron's bikes, but from then on they always operate as completely independent scoring units of one model."

Dark Angel Attack Bikes and Land Speeders that are purchased as part of a Ravenwing Attack Squadron are always scoring, even when they are not troops.

Whoops, my bad. Thanks for the correction.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12