BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Occuli Imperator

Yes, in the the rule book.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    Yes, in the the rule book.
    Really? Then what page for the Catachan Devil?

Chaplain

I would give Blood Angels back an initiative boost on the charge and give Dante's axe a special rule so that he is not striking at a stupidly low Initiative step with I6.

I would also like to have a campaign built into the next codex which deals with the invasion on all side the Blood Angels are facing that was mentioned in the last codex, with Ka'Banda coming from one direction and the Tyranids from the other.

I would also like access to the Landspeeder Storm since the codex marines have got our Storm Raven now!

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Really? Then what page for the Catachan Devil?
    Rules for mysterious forest pp102. (Brainleaf fronds, carnivorous jungle, ironbark forest, overgrown spinethorn, razorwing nest), mysterious rivers (Daemon bile, hyperslime, fireblood, industrial ooze, iceblood) pp.103, battlefield debris pp104-5 etc.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

blood angels: remove the ****ty fluff. remove the option for Dc bolters, make it more like the paper dex, remove nipple dudes.
    add in combat knives for tacticals

GK: back to the 3rd ed dex. remove baby stroller. add in mechanicus allies, add in more bizzare ][ and allies , S6 weapons back, add in more gothic and bizzare stuff
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Librarian

Codex Chaos Space Marines for myself.

Allow all units that can take a rhino APC or Landraider to take a Dreadclaw Drop pod as a dedicated transport for 50 points with the rules as Forgeworld intended them assault on the turn it arrives. Dreadnoughts could take this transport option as well.

Change Veterans of the Long War to makes the unit fearless and gives them Hatred Space Marine.

HQs:
    - Make Typhus and Eternal Warrior.
    - Add in a Raptor type Chaos Lord who makes Raptors a Troops choice instead of Fast Attack and Warp talons can also be taken as both fast attack and Elites .
    - Make rules for Cypher and allow him to have Fallen Dark Angels
    Make Sorcerers Fearless.

Elites:
    - Not many changes here except give the Chosen the Infiltrate rule back and increase their LD stat back to the old values.
    - Make Mutilators 1-5 in a squad.
    - Change the Noise marines sonic blaster to Assault 2/heavy 3 pinning ignores cover for 5 points per model. Bring back their additonal CCW and increase their price to 18 points a model. Make the Doom Siren Str 5 AP3 pinning, template, but also if a squad suffers a wound, then they are at initiative 1 for the 1st round of close combat to account for the sonic disorientation it causes to the squad make it 15 points for a Doom Siren. Replace the Icon of Excess from giving FNP to a random stat increase rolled up at the beginning of the game (WS, BS, S, T, I, A).
    - Change the AP3 Bolters on the Thousand Sons to Salvo 2/3 as they would get use out of it more than the Noise Marines.
    - Change the Nurgle Icon to give the unit FNP, and can cause enemy killed in the close combat to turn to zombies on a roll of a 6. Forms a unit on the table that follows the Nurgle squad around (They fall to dust and moldy flesh if the icon bearer is killed).

Troops:
    - Give the Cultist Champion the option for a power weapon and/or a plasma pistol.
    - Make the standard Chaos Space Marine LD 9 and Champ 10. Give them the Skyfire option for their Missile Launchers, add the Plasma Cannon and Multi-Melta as an option for the heavy weapon trooper in a squad of 10 or more. Maybe make it 1 squad in every 2 can upgrade to it. Give CSM back their additional CCW as part of their base cost and increase their PV to 15 points.

Fast Attack:
    - Increase the Raptors to max 20 in a squad, allow up to 3 special weapons if 15 or more in the squad, +1 LD.
    - Increase the points cost of the Helldrake to better represent how powerful it is in the game at the moment.

Heavy Support:
    - Allow the Chaos Landraider to get a Chaos version of Power of the Machine Spirit.
    - Make the Forge Fiend/ Mauler Fiend into a single entry which can have a cheaper base cost and can then be made more expensive by purchasing weapons upgrades to suit a either a close combat role or a medium to long range support shooting role.
    - Give the Defiler the Skyfire rule similar to the Soulgrinder, but you have to purchase it as an upgrade - i.e. take a second reaper and the skyfire for a dedicated AA Defiler, while another has a pair of close combat flails giving it extra attacks, and reducing the enemies effectiveness in close combat.
    - Increase the Obliterators to max 5 in a squad, reduce their wounds to 1 and drop their points value down to 55 points each. +1 LD, They will die quicker, but they will be able to pump out more weapons fire per turn. Replace their slow and purposeful with relentless so they can overwatch. Give them and the Mutilators the Daemon rule (If they do not already have it) - not looking at codex right now.
    - Allow Havoc Squads to have a max 20 models in the squad. Give them back their Addit CCW. +1 to their LD. Add in the Plasma Cannon as an upgrade for them (max 1 squad per army).

I would like to be able to build your armies to make one of the Legion armies, so Iron Warriors Lord will get a Warlord Trait set for Defence such as Tank Hunter skill, or all iron warriors get stealth while in terrain/ behind walls, etc. Night Lords Character allows you to choose which turn night fighting comes on (warlord Trait), and all standard troops and raptors can infiltrate and get stealth while in cover. Alpha Legion get stealth Special Rule, Scout and infiltrate, and can force enemy to re-roll their successful reserve rolls (snipers and ambushes). You could make a list up for the different Legions like allowing vehicles in Emperor's Children armies to have noise weapon upgrades, and if they do not have it, they get "It Will Not Die" if the vehicle is Daemonically Possessed, they also come with Dirge Casters for free.

You would see more themed armies like Hordes of Noise Marines, Noise Marine Havocs, backed up by a Sonically armed hellbrute which is dropped down in a Dreadclaw Assault Pod. or a Raptor and Warp Talon heavy Night Lords army rushing up to overwhelm an enemy in Defence. or a Berserker army rushing in their 20 strong squads with vehicles upgraded with assault rams/rollers and landraiders (with Frag launchers) disgorging Berserker Terminators and Marines into the thick of it (however they will be a little light on the Havoc and Obliterators though).

Yes big Wish List.
    Last edited by Daemonette666; 04-04-2013 at 01:25 AM.
    The world is Chaotic, so why not join the party. Slaanesh welcomes you with open arms. Certa Cito

Iron Father

I would liked to have seen TH/SS Terminators in the Chaos Dex, or at least Storm shields with a power weapon or claw.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcard View Post
    Personally i would go for Codex: Grey Knights.
    I like those ideas, well most of them anyway.

Would the Inquisition get their own Codex in your Brave New World ?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    Rules for mysterious forest pp102. (Brainleaf fronds, carnivorous jungle, ironbark forest, overgrown spinethorn, razorwing nest), mysterious rivers (Daemon bile, hyperslime, fireblood, industrial ooze, iceblood) pp.103, battlefield debris pp104-5 etc.
    None of those is a Catachan Devil or Grox herd or pack of feral whatevers.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not sure it the Solitaire and avatar of the Laughing God would fit in. Is the Solitaire some kind of avatar of the Laughing God anyway? never sure exactly how they fitted...

Attack dogs for the IG, something to make charging a little more off putting and adding something that could give IG some cc abilities. something like WS3 BS0 S4 T3 W2 I5 A3 Ld 6 Sv6 Beasts Special Rule Lock Jaw If a dog manages to successfully would an opponent, its laws lock and is almost impossible to shake off. The model that god has lock jawed must make a strength test as the start of the combat phase minus the strength of the attack dog for each one lock jawed, if the locked unit fails it takes D3 wounds wounds and can make no attacks that turn as the dog tries to pull it apart. A Dog that is lock in this way can not attack another model or units in base contact. Let Loose The Dogs can charge even is the unit they are attached to cannot, they will always charge the closest enemy unit they can effect. If the Handler is slain or more than 9 inches away, the dogs will hunt in a pack and move as fast as they can to attack another enemy unit. Born Hunters The Attack dogs and any unit they are attached to have Acute Senses.

Thoughts?

Occuli Imperator

No, the page reference was for the "rules for creating random dangerous creatures or plants".

Consider the attack dogs and what they would do to a Space Marine Captain, if he suffers a wound. He then automatically fails his strength test, takes D3 wounds and cannot strike back. How many points would this be?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast